Sign in to follow this  
kimdokkyu

What is your favorite Software?

I am curious. What is your favorite 3rd party application on your MAC that you can not do without? If you were allowed to have only one application, what would that be!?! :D

One application?  Safari, so I can see the Internet.

yeah, I'd have to agree. ton's of other applications would be pointless without access to the internet.

however, if this were a real situation (in today's world), I would have to kill myself. life without all my apps would SUCK.

If you were allowed to have only one application, what would that be!?!  :D
I think it would have to be Apple Remote Desktop. That way I could connect to my other Mac and use all the applications on that machine instead. :D/

Without a web browser like Safari, I don't think many people would even consider owning a computer. However, what brought me over from Fedora Core was iTunes. I have been playing more music, podcasts, movies, etc than I ever did with Linux or Windows.

You are totally right! If we didn't have a web browser applicaiton like Safri, Firefox, etc, what would our lives be! I agree!

Let me try to narrow my question ... aside from the application that comes with the MAC ... what is your favorite 3rd party application?

Rock on!

Let me try to narrow my question ... aside from the application that comes with the MAC ... what is your favorite 3rd party application?

ahhh... that's a much better question.... i could advertise for myself and say Assignment Planner, but it's not crucial.... I would have to say Handbrake. I love watching movies on my computer while I work, and it helps me to make MPEGs of all my movies.

actually... Dreamweaver would make more sense, since it's what I use for web design, but I don't really like using it that much, it's more that I just have to.

I really like Entourage. It just works for me.

I can see what everyone is saying about Safari. However, if I had my choice between surfing the web and E-mailing, I'd have to go with E-mail.

I really like Entourage. It just works for me.

I can see what everyone is saying about Safari. However, if I had my choice between surfing the web and E-mailing, I'd have to go with E-mail.

Well, I thought of that, and I decided I can use web-based email through Safari and have both!

yeah but with Azureus or IGrabNews you can download Entrourage and everything else. Yes it is illegal, but it is also illegal to take away all my other programs.

I would have to say

Mac Program: iTunes. i play more music on my mac than i did with windows and being on the mac has made me play podcasts more (i don't know why).

3rd Party Software: i would have to go with Adium. i carn't do without my m8s and its better than e-mail in most ways cos as long as they are online you get an instant answer

I have just discovered Adium for chatting ... it's awesome. I like the fact that you can have other accounts in one consolidated application. I'm sure everyone already knew such awesome technology existed! I am happy I discoverd it!

Rock on!

Adium is pretty cool indeed. But sometimes that cackling can get out of hand, especially if you're not expecting it and you have the speakers turned up. :)

It is strange, but it is really kind of hard for me to come up with a non-apple app that i use most. I think it would have to be Aqua-Emacs, as that's what i spend most of my time in these days.

Microsoft Word, so I can type cause i'm a student. if not it would be mactraker at www.mactracker.ca :D

How's Adium compare to Fire?

Kicks its ass, and getting better all the time.

How's Adium compare to Fire?

Kicks its ass, and getting better all the time.

Yup, used Adium for years, its amazing.

Although it has more bugs than lies told by Presidents, my most useful and necessary 3rd party program is certainly Dreamweaver. This is prolly because I have about 3 dozen websites, plus I use Dreamweaver to make a living too.

Although it has more bugs than lies told by Presidents, my most useful and necessary 3rd party program is certainly Dreamweaver. This is prolly because I have about 3 dozen websites, plus I use Dreamweaver to make a living too.

Where's the "i'm with stupid" emote when you need it.

Photoshop + Dreamweaver = love!!

True.

Not a day without Photoshop, another app that I can't be without is Alarm Clock Pro

It's really neccesary 8)