TerryB

Movies on an iPad?

TerryB    5

I have an iPad model NGKM2B/A - 3years old?  64GB with WiFi, iOS11.2.5

Once upon a time I was able to watch the movies that I have in my iTunes library via iTunes or loaded to my iPad.  Then Apple chose to strip it out to ?was it "Videos"?.  I tried using that back in December on a train journey with no WiFi but for some reason that program required a WiFi connection.

Now I  am told that Videos "this app requires features not available on this device" .  Since when -- and why?

I just looked at Apple TV for my iPad and it seems that it will only let me watch content purchased from Apple? Is there anything out there please which will just let me view my ripped and recorded video?  Or is Apple now just out for every extra buck they can make? (OK - Higher Degree in Advanced Cynicism in play here ^_^)

Has everything changed now?  Can anyone suggest how to find an app that lets me watch my own content preferably without needing WiFi?

Whatever happened to "it just works"?

regards,

TerryB

TerryB    5

Thanks John - that  looks the ticket.  I had a feeling that any answer to this had to lie outside Apple.

TerryB

johnfoster    48

VLC also solves the "just how the hell do I get actual files onto the iThing to play them?" a word of caution here. DropBox flags content when it finds it questionable. as do other file transfer services. mind what you put there.

the simple thing to do is rename what comes down from the cough, cough, cough, to something else. lose the S02E13 and simply the title. put it in a folder called "title name" then name the files 1.mp4, 2.mp4, 3.avi etc. make the robots work for finding infringements.

Edited by johnfoster

TerryB    5

Now THAT is really helpful John - thank you.  Mind you I don't know how to play in that pool yet - too much else to sort out closer to home :(

cheers, TerryB