Ceoltoir

Contact Syncing on Mac

I've searched the Google for a solution to this, but everything I have found is either not answered, doesn't work, or is for the iOS contacts app.  Here's the issue.

I've recently added a work contact from our work email (office 365.com) to my exchange account.  This person is listed as a contact on the office365 website.  The contact immediately showed up on my iPhone and iPad under contacts.  This person is not, however, showing up on my Mac.  I've tried turning mail, calendar, and contacts off under system settings AND in the Contacts app to no avail.  Any suggestions? 

this thing called "FullContact" seems to solve this problem. and evidently it is a problem because a tool like this exists.

searching on "office365 Mac contact sync" shows a lot of "I need help too!" which seems odd that it does not just work given how well the MS ecosystem syncs. I was completely impressed by how well it worked when I used a Windows Phone and Windows 1o. I really did not care if it made it to a Mac but with that thing called OneSync or maybe it was called SyncOne oh wait OneDrive photos and documents were right there.

anyway, I looked. seems like there is no easy answer to point you toward.

Thanks for the reply, John.  At the very least I now know that my google-fu is not as bad as it seemed :)

I'll check out that FullContact app.  Might be very useful.