Sign in to follow this  
Pierrevanmouche

Switch HD formatting from Case Sensitive to Case Insensitive

Ok, your first question probably is why I want to do this?
Well, actually I don't want to do this, but I see no other option.

I was using MS's OneDrive on my iMac; and yes, I need OneDrive to work with my colleagues in two different companies. It's no option to move to e.g. Dropbox or iCloud.
Everything worked fine until I upgraded to Mojave and had some issues with a couple of files. I reformatted the HD (to not Case Sensitive) and wanted to import by backup data from the SuperDuper! backup. That was not possible as Mojave told me it couldn't import to a non-Case Sensitive formatted HD from a Case Sensitive backup. So I reformatted the HD again as Case Sensitive and everything worked fine, .... Except OneDrive.

Although OneDrive worked fine on my case-Sensitive HD in the past, I couldn't reinstall OneDrive anymore; case-sensitive HD's are no longer supported.

What can I do to convert my HD from case-Sensitive to non-Case Sensitive without having to install all my software manually again? Main reason: it would take a lot of time and I don't have installable copies of all my software anymore.

Thanks for any suggestion - really appreciated! 
Pierre

make a DMG that is CaSEinSentiveE with Disk Utility then have that image automatically mount after a reboot. make the size of it 200M bigger than OneDrive so it does not hang from being out of space (guessing on this). finally point the OneDrive app to the DMG. 

https://support.apple.com/guide/disk-utility/create-a-disk-image-dskutl11888/mac

Edited by johnfoster