bigruss

Sharing my iPad wyfy with another iPad on a cruise ship

OK, I want to give back to the cruise ship that is charging me a buck a Minute for wyfy on my iPad. What I want to do is log into my buck a minute account, and have my wife check her email using a ‘shared wyfy’ to her iPad. If I had cellular on my phone, it would be the same as having a wyfy hotspot I guess. I havin’t been able to figure out a way to do it using two iPads and a single wyfy account. I figure networking both iPads using Bluetooth and somehow sending the wyfy connection to her iPad. I am willing to bet someone has done this. It likely doesn’t matter, but I am using a brand new iPad Pro, and she is using my old IPad Air 2. 

Again, I just want to slave a wyfy connection from my pro to the Air, and pay only for the one connection. When I turn off the wyfy connection on the pro, the Air will loose its connection of course. I would even be willing to connect via a cable if it would work. Any ideas?

LOL the cruise is almost over. Any ideas before I am off the boat? Today is Thursday, and last full day is tomorrow to try what ever ideas you guys may come up with. 

Russ

put the tablet away. enjoy the cruise.

That is a great idea, except that I have 12 employees that depend on me to keep 3 business running and making sure everyone is getting along. Some of these employees don't speak the same language either. The other option, of course, is to close the 3 business' and retire. Sadly, I feel that would not be good for my employees or their families that depend on me to keep the stores open and running. Anyway, I would like a solution. PS. I work 7 days a week. Getting on a cruise ship is the only vacation I ever get, else I always go to work...... and I do enjoy the cruise.

pay the WiFi fee. $240 to keep your business running seems cheap. 

Actually, it is a $1.95 per min, and I do pay that, but that is for each individual log on. How much data do you use reading an email? None. Thus, I have no problem logging in and having my wife check her email at the same time as I do mine.That is the request for help I am asking. If they charged for the amount of data I used, no problem. They don't.  Lets face it, they are doing their best to squeeze every penny that they can our of the people on the boat. Does anybody know of a router I can use that can log into a wyfi system, and connect my laptops to???? I estimate if I spent $200 on one, it would pay for itself on a single cruise.