Sign in to follow this  
ipodman

id3 tags

does anyone know how to view lyrics on ipods (20Gb colour 4g) kos they have the feature but only say "lyrics are viewable on certain ipod models" but i ve got a new one but how do veiw them?

a large amount of artists are recording with other artists like "Lose Control- Missy Elliott featuring Fat Man Scoop and Ciara" is there a way to put that "featuring ..." somewhere that you can see it on ipods but not under Artists or title. For example in nelly's album almost every song is done with someonw else, so when i go to browse i've got 20 nellys with other names beside them. is there a way to get around this? :roll: :roll:

No, it looks like for now the only information that is allowed (for songs) is the Artist and Title. I knew that they added a lyrics tab to iTunes 5.0, but I never saw anywhere that it's available on iPods. Maybe they are on the Nano, but I seriously doubt about any others, since there hasn't been a firmware update since 5.0.

The way I understand it, lyrics will appear on the nano. Probably will work on all models once a new firmware is released.

they will appear on the songs downloaded from the iTunes music store, that is...

they will appear on the songs downloaded from the iTunes music store, that is...

You can input lyrics manually. And I'm sure someone will develop a tool to get lyrics online similar to the album art downloading tools that are out there.

They already exist as widgets, but not one that iwll modify the songs in itunes.

a large amount of artists are recording with other artists like "Lose Control- Missy Elliott featuring Fat Man Scoop and Ciara" is there a way to put that "featuring ..." somewhere that you can see it on ipods but not under Artists or title. For example in nelly's album almost every song is done with someonw else, so when i go to browse i've got 20 nellys with other names beside them. is there a way to get around this? :roll:  :roll:

One way to get around this is to just omit the featured artists from the name. IOW, just rename the artist for all the songs to the main artist's name. You can put the featured artists in the comments field, but I don't believe you can view this info on the iPod. You can see it in iTunes.

The Lyrics can be showed on the Nano, yes.

But I haven't heard nothing about lyrics on regular iPods...

a large amount of artists are recording with other artists like "Lose Control- Missy Elliott featuring Fat Man Scoop and Ciara" is there a way to put that "featuring ..." somewhere that you can see it on ipods but not under Artists or title. For example in nelly's album almost every song is done with someonw else, so when i go to browse i've got 20 nellys with other names beside them. is there a way to get around this? :roll:  :roll:

Something I've done is to put the "featured artist" in with the song title, like this:

Artist: Nelly

Song: Crazy Rap Song [w/ Steve Wozniak]

Other times, I just omit the featured artist entirely if it isn't that important.

Something I've done is to put the "featured artist" in with the song title, like this:

Artist: Nelly

Song: Crazy Rap Song [w/ Steve Wozniak]

Other times, I just omit the featured artist entirely if it isn't that important.

thats what i did but it look too messy on my ipod

I put the "featuring" info at the end of the track name too.

And talking about lyrics: yes, iPod nano can show lyrics, all other iPods can't. I thought they would have released a software update in a couple of days to fix that... but we're still waiting, dunno why :evil:

I put the "featuring" info at the end of the track name too.

And talking about lyrics: yes, iPod nano can show lyrics, all other iPods can't. I thought they would have released a software update in a couple of days to fix that... but we're still waiting, dunno why  :evil:

apples trying to get people to buy ipod nanos