Sign in to follow this  
alexsantos

What the future can hold.

Looking outside this morning, after a relieving autumn rain fall, I couldn't help admire the silence and began reminiscing silent or near silent computing…and that's what got me thinking…

You know, the intel deal and the focus on low power computing may not only bring us speedy quiet notebook computing but also very silent desktop computers as well. Whisper quiet. Ahh, the relief. Well not that they don't exist already, but with PowerPC chip that wasn't possible to maintain. If I'm not mistaken, IBM's roadmap appears to have some hotrods running at some rather hotrod temperatures.

Perhaps when Apple rolls out the first generation Xtel desktops we may end up in the 'quite forest' of computing. Wouldn't that be wonderful! Quiet machines dressed up in beautiful hardware. What a pleasant thought.

There is something very special about Apple, not only is it a bold company willing to challenge the market status quo but it is a challenge to itself. It killed of the mini and brought us something much much nicer, killed of PowerPC to bring us intel because of its' future road map. I think as Apple customers we are in for some very special surprises.

For now we can dream, but I think our dreams will be fulfilled. Indeed, Apple is about the only computer brand whose strength is innovation and lifestyle computing.

I think I can say we all look to the future with great anticipation.

whatever the future I can see apple in more homes as a base pc. I mean everyone who's seen Halo on my mini has wet themselves(metaphorically) and I've had two people buy them just to tryt out a mac(coincidentally its become their main machine)

Whatever the future brings I know it'll be beautiful and small, and hopefully in more colours than 1...

just remember that apple is still a business. so lets try not to believe all that we are told in keynotes. i know that apple has been very good to all of us thus far, but they are still all about dollars and cents. i know that if steve is a smart businessman so some of the switches we are seeing may just be all about $. i hope that it does bring us a quite and efficient machine, but i guarentee that this switch would not have happened if it didn't make fiscal sence.

I totally understand about wanting a quite machine. i used to have a winblows machne and it was kinda quite i guess for what it was but the humming used to drive me insane sometimes.

Now i got a new Mac mini and it is so qutie it is sitting right next to me at the moment and i can only just hear it. I remember leaving it on and going to bed and i tried to listin for it while i was lying there and i couldn't hear 1 bit.

I think for the future of apple can only get better they have some amazing design ideas and consepts. I belive more people will be buying mac beacuse i have seen and used vista (beta 1) and u will need a fairly high spec pc to ru it well. My mini has about the same spec as my pc (mini has a bigger processor) and it runs so smooth and fast. Microsoft better make some room for apple cos they are going to be flying off the shelves soon

Apple comes out with badass designs like the iMac G5 can eat a Windows in one niblle and the Mac Mini is so small and can smack around any other non Apple computer. Apple has introduced cool software/hardware and has even better in store.