Sign in to follow this  
mister5

Foo Fighters itunes download help

Hi All-

I recently downloaded the latest Foo Fighters album off itunes, but thru a glich of some kind, 2 of the songs are seperate from the rest of the album on itunes. I've checked get info on those 2 songs and it looks right and have poked around in the finder but dont see anything out of the ordinary. Any one with an idea how to get these 2 stray songs grouped with the rest of the album?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Hm... in Get Info, make sure they're not checked as part of a compilation?

Hey Adamf- thanks for the response. One song was checked part of a comp, the other not. I unchecked the one, exited itunes, restarted and it hasnt changed. It wouldve been too easy!

Let me make sure I understand... the actual files are in the right spot in the Finder, but in iTunes they are shown somewhere else?

If I have that right, where alphabetically in iTunes are the stray files going to?

Yes- I check the finder and all twenty songs are grouped in one folder. But in itunes, song 7 and 10 from the second cd are grouped alone. When I check get info on these two songs, they both say they're track 7 or 10 of 10, disc 2 of 2.

probably they were just supposed to be like that or something interupted the download withy out you knowing.

defintely not supposed to be like that. It's the one and only time I had a hiccup in thed downloading on itunes (jeez, I forgot to mention that.)

mac user x, it's pretty obvious that tracks 7 and 10 out of 10 are not supposed to be seperate. Let's think before we make posts that don't help anybody at all.

Anyways, you might try messing with the meta data of the tracks... for example, highlight all the tracks and change the album name to something else then change it back. Maybe "reentering" some of the data will sort it out?

adamf- thanks for the input. I'll give a try and see what happens.

Mike

Adamf- thanks for the tip. I highlighted all the tracks, changed the album name and then changed them back and all is good. All the songs are in the order there were supposed to be.

Viva la maccast community.

Mike