Sign in to follow this  
hurleyint1386

PowerBook upgrade at Paris Expo?

according to MacRumors

there could be a minor PowerBook upgrade. I just got my college loan money, and I plan on getting a PowerBook. I don't know all about the Paris Expo, but I do know that it's tomorrow. I've been reading some things, and it seems as if it is like a four day event. Is this true? Or is it just tomorrow? I hope it's just tomorrow because if there's an upgrade, then I'll be purchasing my new 17" PowerBook tomorrow :D

If they announce new products, it's my understanding that this normally happens on the first day of an event.

i sure hope so because i want my powerbook as fast as possible, but i dont want to spend $3500 then they're upgraded the next day. that would suck. i would still love the powerbook, but i would have liked the upgraded one better. what's everyone else's opinion on this rumor? do you think there will be a powerbook upgrade?

Paris Expo starts at 11:00 AM local time tomorrow and they are six hours ahead of Eastern Time. So thats 5:00 AM... maybe there'll be some new announcements by the time you wake up.

great! i sure hope so. i would love to wake up to a new apple website home page. i should have my money credited today/tomorrow too, so ill be putting in an order as soon as possible!

im not sure, but im EXTREMELY eagar to find out! i sure hope they're powerbooks though  [-o<

Maybe, just maybe, a G5

im not going to expect a g5 in a powerbook. it seems like if there was going to be a g5, then there would certainly be a keynote for that. but if they did come out with one, id be one of the first buyers

im not going to expect a g5 in a powerbook. it seems like if there was going to be a g5, then  there would certainly be a keynote for that. but if they did come out with one, id be one of the first buyers

You could leave it plugged in and turned on all winter to save on your heating bills!

Really though, it seems the G5 is a great chip, but it produces a lot of heat. Things that produce heat use power. A G5 notebook would run very hot and run out of battery rather quickly, one might expect.

im not going to expect a g5 in a powerbook. it seems like if there was going to be a g5, then  there would certainly be a keynote for that. but if they did come out with one, id be one of the first buyers

I believe he meant the rumored dual-core G5s

I believe he meant the rumored dual-core G5s

Ahh, well, imagine a G5 dual-core iMac, or a dual dual-coreG5 Power Mac. Yeah!

The upgrade might be a 100 MHZ upgrade or something cause no keynote. Either Jobs is lazy or they are gonna rub that kool aid guy and kill him witha PowerBook and what do you get? strawberry PowerBook and the return of the candy color iMacs except as PowerMacs, oh no 6 Gb hard drives were dooooooooommmmmmmeeed!

looks like no powerbook upgrades  :cry:  all we got was the .Mac upgrade. i woke up very upset.

Well you're still gonna get a PowerBook right? That's nothin to be upset over.

looks like no powerbook upgrades  :cry:  all we got was the .Mac upgrade. i woke up very upset.

I'm pretty well set on Apple hardware right now, having a Mac Mini with 1gig of RAM, a dual 2GHz Power Mac with 2.5Gig RAM, and two iPods - so I really was not hoping for any major hardware news.

I do think that upgrading .Mac to 1GB per account was a smart move, and I'm very pleased about it. I also downloaded Backup 3, and it looks like a very well designed upgrade.

My copy of Macromedia Studio 8 is out for delivery, and the world is a good and happy place.

And no kool aid.....They just wanted to show off and sell more PowerPc computers and clear em out before the intel inside macs come out. I have a 15"powebook and it is the best,highly recommended.

so, yeah, the only thing annouced today was the .Mac upgrades, but did anyone ever figure out what the hell was under that black sheet? They have a counter and a poster covered up. Did they just cover some existing computers for no reason, and do they really have a big poster just for .Mac upgrades? I've seen no mention of any answer to this at all...

according to another forum i read, they were the .Mac upgrade pictures under the black cloth

oh, well, that's dissapointing...