Sign in to follow this  
samtheman

PLEASE HELP URGENT PROBLEMS

Hi My friend has a huge problem his iPod mini (a year old) was restored about 3 days ago and he hasn't plugged it in toi reflash the ipod until now. Now when he plugs it in the apple symbol appears but the wall plug sign stays there. He re sets the ipod plugs it in again same thing happens. It expec ts it to plug in but it already it. any ideas are greatly appreated. Weve tried plugging it into the computer and all (Mac formatted)

was it backed up? If so you could try reformatting it with disk utility (basically turning it into an external hard drive) and then running the iPod restore software again to refresh it.

The reason it's showing the wall plug sign is because it wants to be plugged into a power adapter to finish the update process. You cannot do this by plugging it into the computer. I sure hope he has a wall adapter.

The reason it's showing the wall plug sign is because it wants to be plugged into a power adapter to finish the update process. You cannot do this by plugging it into the computer. I sure hope he has a wall adapter.

Yeah, don't iPods not ship with wall adapters any more? I mean, I have one from my old iPod, but what are users supposed to do who DONT have the adapter?

Yeah, don't iPods not ship with wall adapters any more?  I mean, I have one from my old iPod, but what are users supposed to do who DONT have the adapter?

I believe that the ones that don't ship with wall adapters (2G mini, Shuffle, and nano) can update without them. I'm guessing this person has a 1G mini, which I believe came with a wall adapter.

The original post is a little unclear as to whether they were plugging into a wall adapter or not.

Thanks guys, I'm starting to wonder if maybe its something to do with the charger. Cause I don't se why this would happen! The thing is the computer wont even recognise it so I guessed disk utility and nothing popped up, blast!!! Back to the drawing board, Im gonna take it to our loacl mac place even though its outta warrenty :(!

I second Railrider, all that the iPod is waiting for is to be plugged into a wall socket directly. It will then reflash itself and boot up.

Yah we are doing that! It just doesn't seem to be regestering when we plug it into it's socket, it's 1.25 years old and came with a socket! :shock: rather strange thing to happen :o !

O.K. Cool. We weren't sure if you were using the power adapter or not. Next thing to try is a different cable and/or power adapter. If neither of those work, then it may be time for a new iPod.