Sign in to follow this  
kwsanders

My favorite image editing software that I actually use

My everyday image editing software is ...  

21 members have voted

1. 1.

• iPhoto
    • Photoshop (CS/CS2)
    • Photoshop Elements
    • Graphic Converter X
    • ArcSoft PhotoStudio
    • Digital Image Professional (Canon)

I have been looking for some good image editing software. I have played around with iPhoto, but it is a little light on image manipulation options. It is great for organizing and managing a photo library.

I have played with the trial version of Photoshop CS2, but it is a little much for what I need.

I have also used the Photoshop Elements 3.0 trial. It is not bad. I may end up buying it.

There are others that I have tried, but I cannot remember them off the top of my head at this time.

What do you use?

Hi Kerry

I do a lot of image manipulation, and I classify it into two types.

For photo images I tend to use Photoshop Elements. I also use Picture Arena, which is like iPhoto except it does not abend and corrupt its own database.

For graphics intended for the web, such as buttons, banners, and the like; I really prefer Macromedia Fireworks. It does have a somewhat strange user interface, but I'm able to work with it very quickly and effectively.

For graphics intended for the web, such as buttons, banners, and the like; I really prefer Macromedia Fireworks. It does have a somewhat strange user interface, but I'm able to work with it very quickly and effectively.

Yeah, I agree with the professor. I very rarely do photo manipulation, and the simple things I do in iPhoto (which I'm getting more and more fed up with, of late), and the complex stuff I do in Photoshop. However, the graphics program I use the most is Fireworks, which I do all my stuff for web and application design in. I'm not sure if this is what you're looking to do, but it's pretty handy.

I voted for Photoshop CS, but I could probably get by with Elements... I haven't used it enough to know the differences though.

I use Photoshop CS, just because it's the best there is. I used to do a lot of design in Photoshop, but now I don't do hardly anything at all, just some simple image manipulation. However, I just love to have it around because it's so versitile.