Sign in to follow this  
adamf

Apple special event October 12th!

5th gen ipod? new video ipod? new Powerbook?

How about the 10.4.3 patch I'm still waiting?!

What do they think of next?

My vote (or hope) is mactel Powerbooks!!!

Steve already said the first Intel Mac won't be ready until mid 2006.

But rumors did say a faster Powerbook is on the way.

I think we should not bet on Intel Macs... that would be WAY premature. In fact, from what I've read the latest builds of Mac OS 10.4.3 point to a revised line of PowerPC based PowerBooks and PowerMacs.

Jobs always says "One more thing..." near the end of a keynote address when he wants to introduce a new product. That is the meaning behind the invitation.

I agree with the PowerMac thing. I would like to see a dual core dual processor 2.8 ghz G5 go up against an Intel Mac!

Um..the event is not in san fran its in san jouse...thats where INTEL's HQ is isnt it??

Cupertino is just west of San Jose. About 10-15 mins on the freeway. And yes Intel HQ is in San Jose and they have a nice museum. I think anyone who's interested in computers should go check it out. It's rather education and see how chips are made.

True a ugrade powermac would be cool but it looks like some videoo thing......OOOOHHH camera in a ipod.! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :o:o:o:o:o:o:o :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :P:P:P:P:P:P:P :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :-& :-& :-& :-& :-& :-& :-& :-& :-& #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

why isn't anyone happy with having a decent camera and a decent ipod? putting them together is just gonna bring the quality of both down.

why isn't anyone happy with having a decent camera and a decent ipod?  putting them together is just gonna bring the quality of both down.

You never know......

Listen carefully...

It is NOT a video iPod. New iPods are likely. Maybe a new look. Probably up to 80 GB. Not video. Definitely not camera.

Here is a thought... The add's theme is very iDVD looking (You know the theatre theme and all) perhaps they are going to unveil the new iLife!!! iLife 06?? That would mean a whole new suite of applications...iDVD, iMovie, iPhoto, GarageBand etc.

Anyway, it is just a thought!

Hmm...

A video iPod would be interesting, but if it can only integrate with the iLife suite, play music videos from iTunes, and play video podcasts (I know this list sounds like a lot), it won't be enough to appeal to the masses. IMHO, a video iPod needs a movie store like the music store. If Jobs unveils both a Vpod and a movie store, I'd be amazed and "wowed." =D> If he unveils a vpod with no store, "yawn!" :roll:

Upgrades to the powerbook line would be nice. It's been forever since they had a significant change.

I think the earliest we COULD see Intel Macs is January. I know Jobs said they'd be later, but it would be smart to release them earlier than expected; however, not too early, we don't want to catch the developers with their pants down.

-Rob

i think that there will be an ipod video becasue i've seen tons of different photoshopped videos that all look similar. they probably saw something about what it looked like and decided to make one

render2b.jpg

4439ipodvideo-desktop.jpg

normal_ipodvideofinal%20copy.jpg

ipod%20video.jpg

the last ones obvious that its photoshopped

Those are all based on the same idea that has been circulating the net for a while now. The first one was made by somebody who wanted to prove how easy it was to Photoshop one of these images.

Still, the idea of a video iPod is still very cool. I know that the would have to redesign it so that you could have a bigger screen but I would think that if they did something like that Apple would have to integrate the click wheel into like a touchpad/screen/something. It just looks too weird with a large screen and a click wheel.

Although since Apple is now designing their own click wheels I doubt that they will get rid of it just for a video iPod!

What about having an iPod that has something like virtual reality glasses?? You know, something that gives you the illusion of seeing a big screen?? That would be really sci-fi nu?

What about having an iPod that has something like virtual reality glasses?? You know, something that gives you the illusion of seeing a big screen?? That would be really sci-fi nu?

That's kind of what Steve is alluding to when he talks about how there's no equivalent of earphones for video... nothing that is compact and portable that still gives you a very rich experience.