Sign in to follow this  
adamf

Apple special event October 12th!

That's kind of what Steve is alluding to when he talks about how there's no equivalent of earphones for video... nothing that is compact and portable that still gives you a very rich experience.

Well wouldn't it just be something if Apple were to be the first to come up with the iGlasses?? I can see the tagline now...

"The new iGlasses from Apple. What are you looking at?"

Think Different!

Well you can't very well drive or walk to class or do something else with glasses on your face. The iPod is popular partly because you can listen to it while doing other everyday things.

Yeah but do you use your PowerBook to watch movies when you are driving?? (You shouldn't be wearing the earbuds when you do this either)

The technology for the glasses would have to be something clear allowing you to either focus on the video holographed in front of you or just look straight through the glasses to whatever is going on around you.

I have seen demos of how this technology would work in theory but I don't know if anyone is actually doing it!

Yeah but do you use your PowerBook to watch movies when you are driving?? (You shouldn't be wearing the earbuds when you do this either)

No I don't, that's my point. You can't watch video while doing many things. Even if it's some goofy looking transparent-screen thing you wear on your head. Cause if your eyes are on the video, they aren't on what they should be on. The sidewalk, the road, even while working out you need to see what you're doing.

And a lot of people aren't interested in watching video on-the-go to begin with. About the only time it is useful is if you're riding the bus or on an airplane... but do people really want to watch video every spare moment they have? I'm guessing not. And they shouldn't. We don't need to be innundated with video every second of the day. Music and video are very different things... music is supplemental to whatever else you are doing, it isn't all-consuming. Video is much more consuming, it takes pretty much all of your attention to watch it. (That's why music IN film works so well, it is enhancing and supplementary).

OK OK OK... I give up. You win. Makes sense. I guess I really wouldn't spend all that much time watching video on an iPod anyway.

Wow has the world gone idioitic in the 3 minutes my laptop was turned off?

New rumor.  It might be a pink, Madonna themed, iPod Nano.

You're a funny guy so I'll presume that's a joke.

Then again, I see lots of girls runnin around with pink iPod minis... so a pink nano might not be such a bad idea. *shudders*

Yaeh and make all pink iPod Mini owners (assuming they are all girls.(if your guys with a pink one the thats cool don't killme.))want to kill Jobs?!? Belive me I want to see Intel macs too.

"We earlier reported a rumour from the music industry about Apple to make another announcement closer to the release of Madonna’s new album, "Confessions on a Dancefloor" ; they would have annouced that Madonna will have her own iPod - similar to U2’s in that it will come with her entire catalog.

These rumours have been later reprised by New York Daily News.

We have now received confirmation that Madonna will indeed have her own iPod. It will be the new iPod Nano - as we previously supposed - and in the color PINK."