Sign in to follow this  
Guest zag2395

Anyone feel a need for a video iPod

Guest zag2395

Tell me your thoughts about iPod Video. Do you think that apple should make one

I have the capability in my PSP but can't be bothered. The process of converting the video to the right format takes much longer than just watching the show/movie. I use DVDs and Tivo as my sources. With other sources you mileage may vary.

I'm not interested in such a product, but it won't harm me if other people want one and Apple makes it for them.

I went to a lot of trouble once to get movies onto a compact flash card so I could watch them on my PDA during an intercontinental plane trip. Once I plugged in my headphones and started watching (Young Frankenstein) I suddenly realized that watching a movie on a 3" screen is extremely boring - in my opinion.

No, no interest at all. I think it's a bad idea. It's one of those things that seems neat at first, but would be pretty dumb when it comes to actually using it.

Any situation in which I'd want to watch video, air travel for example, are situations in which I could have my iBook with me for that purpose. And with the laptop you have much less encoding hassle and a larger screen.

I'll echo the other members' comments. I really don't have a need for such a product, so Apple won't be selling one to me (assuming that's what it is).

We have a PSP. It would be cool for all of 5 minutes. iPods are for music and combining all this stuff would kill the iPod.

We have a PSP. It would be cool for all of 5 minutes. iPods are for music and combining all this stuff would kill the iPod.

didn't you just say in another thread that you wanted a camera ipod?

as for my feelings on a video ipod, i guess it would be cool to carry around my dvd collection on vacations the way i do my cd library in my ipod. considering, of course, that i could hook it up to a tv. but as a stand alone video device i don't think i would get in to it.

Sorry I thought i put iPod pjoto in there :oops: Too much mutimedia for my take.

I didn't think that's such a bad idea. Other companies are doing it and there is a nitch market. If the screen is abou 2.5" long it's acceptable to me. Besides, the whole idea of portable video player is just not playing video on the small screen. With a decent storage you can put few quality movies on it and play it thru a big screen via AV cable.

Guest zag2395

just wanted to see. I am with most of you on the video iPod situation I don't need one and I don't see the point of Apple making one :-) .

If Apple does make a video iPod I'm sure they wont just slap a video player into the current gen iPod, they'll come out with something the right size for watching videos on.

Now if they do go with a current iPod player size it can still not suck if... they make it a video player, not movie. All of those quicktime movies you've got laying around of video podcast would be great to have while working out, or waiting for your girlfriend at the mall, ect.

My $.o2

I agree with most people here. I have no need for a video iPod. i would rarther get an PSP for that as it is much more easy to get films for it and of course there is all the other stuff you can do on there

I would however though think that Apple would make much more of a smarter move if they was to bring out an updated version of the ipod photo. By this i mean maybe having a camera embedded into the the back somehow. I think this could be a good way to go cos i do have an iPod photo but i don't use the photo part of it much. If i was to have a camera attached to it i would use it more. The other reason why i think this might be a smart move is that Apple have said they are thinking about doing there own verison off a smartphone and nowadays all phones come with cameras so if Apple could get a high quality camera built into an iPod then it will help them making there phone. Me personnally would love to have a camera that has the quality of an iSight on my ipod and/or phone. Whether Apple can get that quality yet im not sure but it would be good to see what they will come up with

Anyway that is my 2 cents

I agree with most people here. I have no need for a video iPod. i would rarther get an PSP for that as it is much more easy to get films for it and of course there is all the other stuff you can do on there

I agrre, that is why i am getting a psp and if i get a 512 mb flash card i'll sell my shuffle. its every thing you want in your pocket.

I agrre, that is why i am getting a psp and if i get a 512 mb flash card i'll sell my shuffle. its every thing you want in your pocket.

the 512 memory stick is more than half the cost of a shuffle and i dont think i would carry around a psp the way i do my shuffle. i can beat the hell out of my shuffle and not think twice. a $250 handheld with a beautiful but sensitive screen is a different story. i can still listen to a scratched shuffle, but movies on a scratched psp... not so bueno.

I don't need one, I don't watch music videos at all and I'd rather sit down at the home theatre system to watch a movie.

roog