Sign in to follow this  
Guest zag2395

New PowerMac G5s ?

Guest zag2395

On October 12, I am hoping for new Dual Core PowerMacs. Other people want other things. What do you want on October 12?

From what I've read, at least one model of PowerMac announced will be dual core.

New mac minis and eMacs. A new G5 would be cool but out of my price range.

It will be an iPod, not a computer system. :(

Why would it be an iPod? Where is the point in confusing or tearing the public that have found their number 1 Christmas gift (again) and had their digital and professional lifestyles decided for them with such penash and elegance. I don't think another iPod could do anything but hurt Apple right now.

I would also like to suggest that people possibly forget or at least distrust all "sources" right now as they are obviously only going to be either wild speculation or what Steve wants you to think.

Personally I hope it's something that no one else has thought of yet; like some truly ground-breaking software and a new piece of hardware to run it on; something more related to Apple Computers.

My guess is that it's not an iPod. The PowerBook line hasn't been upgraded much since like ? February? or so and that's what I'm hoping.

roog

personally, i'm really hoping it's not a new powerbook upgrade because 2 weeks ago i spent $3000 on my powerbook, and over $400 on my 60 gb ipod photo. so if they upgrade, then im going to be very upset knowing that had i waited a couple weeks, i'd have the newest :(

personally, i'm really hoping it's not a new powerbook upgrade because 2 weeks ago i spent $3000 on my powerbook, and over $400 on my 60 gb ipod photo. so if they upgrade, then im going to be very upset knowing that had i waited a couple weeks, i'd have the newest  :(

My deep appoligies.

Hope you got a good deal on the iPod.

New mac minis and eMacs. A new G5 would be cool but out of my price range.

I was right! They discontinued the eMac :( . This counts as an update.

Macworld announces that Apple will hold a Special event on October 19th during the PhotoPlus Expo.

Cupertino does not provide additional information beside that they will unveil Apple’s latest pro innovations.

It will be the third "Apple Special Event" in a couple of week, after the iPod nano and the ROKR in September, then the iPod video and the new iMacG5 this week; next week could be the time for the new Powermacs, PowerBooks and even iBooks!?

I am gonna say it is another iPod that will, I don't know........ Have a laser in it. and the eMac wasn't discontinued it was moved to the educational section of their website.

This is just too many goodies in such a short period of time. Give a person some time to save a little cash, for crying out loud :D

Why all this......Intel macs and mac computer sales are going down so Apple is introducing this a what I call their backup plan if this ever happened. I highly doubt it would be a computer upgrade but it would have to make Apple not look desperate.

The eMac was not discontinued, it is just not for sale to consumers. It is available for education customers.

roog

Sales of Macs aren't going down - they're going up. Apple just finished off the best year in the history of the company.

Huh, but then why release all these gadgets cuz Apple spreads it all out. :?:

Jobs even said that after the release of the iMac G5 it started plannong this one, maybe the new iPod..uhh,er the iPod that plays video. I'm just gonna call it iPod video. Also for the event I don't think it will be an iPod cuz i Don't know what else they can stick in an iPod. Maybe A prototype Intel, but that might discourage Mac sales. It is all so confusing. It could be the video game iPod?

The event scheduled for October 19th is for updates to the Pro line of machines, namely the PowerMac G5 and the PowerBooks.

The statement about the iMac was that after they released the original iMac G5 (last year), they immediately started planning and designing the updated iMac (Cyclops) that was released a few days ago. There are long lead times for Apple machines. They're not like PCs that are slapped together like butter on toast.

Oh just updates. I'd like to see a badass Mac Mini and I can taunt his little peecee with and laugh at him saying that a lunchbox size computer could demolish his. :D

The eMac was not discontinued, it is just not for sale to consumers.  It is available for education customers.

roog

I know this. Just many people don't visit the education dept.

They are still for sale, so that doesn't mean they are discontinued.

roog

They are still for sale, so that doesn't mean they are discontinued.

roog

'

Sorry.

I haven't checked out the deucation side either. :(

Whonder whats their?

I haven't checked out the deucation side either. :(  

Whonder whats their?

Disconted macs and the eMac.