Sign in to follow this  
minorjourney

So... where do you listen to MacCast?

It's something I've thought a bit about over the past week. These days I work as a peripetetic woodwind instructor working in South Wales, GB. I live in Bristol, England and so make some pretty lengthy trips every day to and from work (and around during the day too) MacCast is there in my list of must-listen to podcasts while I'm in the car, including TWiT and several other geek podcasts.

Thing is, my car is rather special. She's a 1965 Morris Minor (See Below). I reckon I must be listening to MacCast in the oldest car in the listener group. Can you beat it with a more bizzare or interesting local for listening to your favourite Mac podcast?

(keep it clean of course!)

wheredoyoupod.jpg

My 40 year old car, complete with iPod, GPS and other good gadgets. Yes, I know it's a windows mobile cell, but when Apple produces one I'll get one, okay?! :D :D :D

hebepod.jpg The old gal (called Hebe) in all her glory. She's done about 235,000 miles in her lifetime, and currently does about 3,500 miles a month carrying my musical instruments around wales. MacCast is played every time there's a new one up!

Nikki

well your car is much cooler, but the thought is the same. i am also on the road quite a bit. about 2 and a half hours a day. so i do the majority of my podcast listening on the road. i have also found that i am listening more and more to podcasts and less to music. so much so that i am downloading archives of good podcasts and listening to all the episodes that appeared before podcasting peaked my interest.

cheers.

box

I listen to podcasts at work in a 2004 Kenworth T800:

fedex_kw.jpg

This is what I drive at work:

fedex_pups.jpg

This is where I listen when I'm not working:

vtxsigpic.jpg

Honda VTX 1300

Your car looks mint Nikki. Has she been restored or is she in original condition ?? My first car was a 1967 (E) Vaxhall Viva HB SL and that was excellent. There is something so simplistic and endearing about old cars. I wish I had kept mine now. I will keep my eye open for you on my travels (I'm in the Cardiff area) and give you a honk if I see you in Hebe. ;-)

Hi Lee,

Sadly, she's all shine and rust :D

Actually, that's not true - but she does need a whole new floor, engine and a few other things which basically mean a total rebuild.

Once she's done I'm hoping to fit a macmini in there somehow :)

My husband has a 2004 Fatboy 100th anniversary addition and a 65 also.

I have a 65 mustang convertible.

But i mostly listen to macast at work while i am working.

I listen while I"m walking my dogs.

Does that count?

:)

My husband has a 2004 Fatboy 100th anniversary addition and a 65 also.

I have a 65 mustang convertible.  

But i mostly listen to macast at work while i am working.

Hey Jubilee,

I have quite an affinity to 65s myself, the red one was a 65 hardtop with the inline 6 and a C4 (200 cube). The blue-green one is a 65 Fastback with a 93 Cobra engine and 5spd transmission underneath it.

roog

my65side.jpg

65fastback.jpg

My dad has a BMW 325 CI just to show oof cuz he is an ego freak. I dont like it cuz yur in that rich mentality and i am not proud of it. :?

weborizon, your from georgia too? Cool.

I listen to it while im eating breakfast or on the way to school. Sometimes while im laying in bed before i go to sleep if i dont have time during the day. Basically anywhere really.

Nice car

basden,

cool avatar. did you draw that yourself?

(sorry this is off topic)

basden,

haha i wish, this is from the forum faces icon set. search it on www.xicons.com

They have loads of them. You can go to the designers website and find the set sized for avatars.

I listen to the maccast in my Honda Odyssey while I'm taking my 5 yr old to/from school. I used to listen to it while I was warming up at the gym, but my son got mad that he didn't get to hear it then, so, now I save it for when he's in the car.

-h.

Your raising a good child :D

basden,

They have loads of them. You can go to the designers website and find the set sized for avatars.

Are you like the icon god or something? lol!!!

basden,

Are you like the icon god or something? lol!!!

some call me that. :P

I listen to the MacCast on my itty bitty MacVision 256MB MP3 player. I can't bring my mini because then people will want to look at it and play the games. :lol:

Usually on my iMac...

I listen either at work (doing data entry); at uni (between classes, never during them...) or in bed before I sleep if I don't feel like reading.