Sign in to follow this  
Acill

Well here is my story

Well where to start? I guess I can go way back. I was a C64 user for some time. Not to much to talk about, it was a fun machine and I learned a lot. From there I got the Amiga 1000 when it hit the shelf in 1985. I loved that Machine and loved the Amiga still to this day. I had that A1000 for a long time and made it do much more then they ever intended it to do with some major hardware hacks. When the A3000 came out I sold off the A1000 and got one. I had that machine all the way up 2003. It was also upgraded to its max potential with a tower conversion, PCI slots, a 604e PPC accelerator, ethernet, video card, sound card ect. VERY cool machine. It was sold in 2003 after I felt it just couldnt keep up any longer, though it is still a very good machine that do do most anything. It was sold to get a Pegasos II. That is a modern G4 powered Amiga like machine that runs a total from the ground up Amiga compatable OS called MorphOS. Check out www.pegasosPPC.com for more info on that machine.

Now I got my first Mac shortly after the Ti Powerbooks came out. I never liked Macs much before OS X. They were much less powerfull then the Amiga during the 68k CPU days and most of us Amiga users just were mad we didnt get the support like Apple got from the software developers. So anyway he had a 500MHZ Pismo to get rid of after getting the Ti. I decided OS X looked cool and got the Pismo, fell in love with it and sold it a few months later for a Powerbook. From there I bought a used Gigabit Ethernet G4 logicboard, a CPU, B&W case and the rest of what I needed and built a cool home made G4 out of it all. Worked well for a long time. When the G5 2.5 dual came out I had to have one. So I got one the first day they came out here in San Diego at the Apple Store. Sold the G4 Powermac and the Ti Book for a ibook G4 933 at the Apple store (got the ibook new) I had a TON of problems with that sucker. I figured having a G5 the ibook would be fine for being portable and it was faster then my 500MHZ Ti book. Well a few month later Apple gave me a 1.33 iBook to replace the 933. I sold that and now have a 1.67 Powerbook which I love. So to sum it up, I was NEVER a PC user and am 100% dedicated to the Mac now with my Pegasos as a fun to have machine (which can run OS X through MaconLinux!)

I would love to meet up with some other Mac users here in San Diego. I only know a few and I got them all to become switchers in the last year.