Sign in to follow this  
adamf

iTunes 6, where's the video?

Anybody having trouble finding video in iT6? I've upgraded QuickTime to 7.0.3, still nothing. When I click the Lost promo, I can't view the 30 second previews. The if I click the "TV Shows" button in the nav bar, it takes you back to music.

What's the deal?

Anybody having trouble finding video in iT6?  I've upgraded QuickTime to 7.0.3, still nothing.  When I click the Lost promo, I can't view the 30 second previews.  The if I click the "TV Shows" button in the nav bar, it takes you back to music.

What's the deal?

I couldn't even get that far about 35 minutes ago. Perhaps it's just taking awhile to get things into place?

couldn't find the 7.0.3 quicktime upgrade.

yea id just wait. all the new features arent really there or dont work yet; apple's probably working on it.

I had to go to the QuickTime section on Apple's site to download it... it wasn't listed in Software Update or in the Support section.

This is really irritating - it works fine on my PC but get 'grey screen' on 3 Macs ......

Is it me?

Videos seem to be working now although I still am unable to preview the TV shows.

What do you guys think of managing all this video content in iTunes? iTunes is designed for music, the whole video handling seems to be kind of cumbersome. The new video menu is a start, but it still seems almost like an afterthought. Not to mention I can't import any files encoded in DivX. Also, loading up videos in iTunes seems more slow than using QuickTime.

Edit: This is neat. "Creating Video for iPod"

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/tutorials/c...atingvideo.html

does anybody know if i cah import avi into itunes, becuase that's what all the brokens are and im gettin a new ipod soon

does anybody know if i cah import avi into itunes, becuase that's what all the brokens are and im gettin a new ipod soon

See my post above. You have to convert it first. And it's REALLY slow (and bigger file sizes than DivX AVI).

I had to go to the QuickTime section on Apple's site to download it... it wasn't listed in Software Update or in the Support section.

It was on the Software Update downloads around 7:30 p.m. or so last night.

yea saw it this morning and downloaded it. Thanks!