Sign in to follow this  
LDJessee00

iPod - No way to tell which podcasts you have listened to

Hello,

In iTunes, podcasts that have not been listened to are marked with a little blue dot. Those I have listened to do not have the blue dot.

Now, on the iPod, I can not find a way to differentiate between the podcasts I have listened too and the ones I have not.

With serialized book podcasts, it can been fustrating.

Anyone have a way to indicate on the iPod which podcasts you have and have not listened too?

Thanks in Advance,

LDJ

Within iTunes itself, I use a smart playlist based on the genre or album (audiobook) title and a play count of 0 to keep a playlist of just those podcasts or audiobook tracks that I haven't listened to yet. Unfortunately, this isn't updated dynamically on the iPod, so it only gets updated when I sync (which is usually daily for me, anyway.)

When traveling with my iPod and I can't remember which chapter of an audiobook I listened to last (this is usually a problem with audiobooks I have a ripped from CD, since Audible books come in fairly large, bookmarked tracks), I sometimes resort to looking in the "Recently played" playlist to spot the most recently listened to chapters.

The new iPods (nano and 5G w/video) already have this feature, It looks and works just like in iTunes (blue dot). Hopefully Apple will provide an update that brings this feature to older iPods.

i just have it set up in the preferences to only transfer unplayed podcasts to the old 20g. saves me a bunch of hassle.