Sign in to follow this  
jchndler

Anyone know the expected release of this? I can't wait. - Josh

It's got to be real soon now. I thought that we might see it this week, but only tomorrow is left. I think it'll show up before the end of October. Lots of bug fixes in this one, so yeah, I'm ready for it too.

I hear its in two weeks. But you never know. I can't wait! It's been time, but apple has definitely been busy.

Very nice. I'm also doing the same. Thanks! - Josh

First time I've noticed, but on my Powerbook G4 12" it is a 56.8mb d/l and on my PowerMac G5 it is a 97 mb d/l

strange.

Perhaps the current versions of the system on the workstations is different.

I am now waiting for my workstation to reboot and it is taking FOREVER! Must be a lot that they did to the system plus the display is set to what looks like 1024X786 which is strange for a 15" Powerbook!

Here we go... the blue bar is now going across the boot panel... I will let you all know if I notice any differences!

First time I've noticed, but on my Powerbook G4 12"  it is a 56.8mb d/l and on my PowerMac G5 it is a 97 mb d/l

strange.

On my Mac Mini it was 56mb and on my Power Mac it was 96mb. Both seem to have survived the upgrade with no harm done.

The Power Mac took a long time to reboot. The Mac Mini thrashed its hard drive for quite a while after I logged in, it was like a way back machine to the days when I used that other operating system.

The graphical effects seem snappier to me. For example, Expose, Dashboard ripple, minimizing, and so on. Anybody else notice this?

Hmm... I didn't notice until you mentioned it. I think you're right, for sure. - Josh

Hrm... I have ran the installer about a dozen times, having repaired permissions, restarted etc. I am using an Admin account... I can't seem to get it to install; it just get's to the 10 mins remaining and then just says try again...

Any ideas?

Hrm... I have ran the installer about a dozen times, having repaired permissions, restarted etc. I am using an Admin account... I can't seem to get it to  install; it just get's to the 10 mins remaining and then just says try again...

Any ideas?

Maybe try downloading the 97MB version or the 109MB combo version from

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/

That's what I did, software update kept failing on me (dropped connections). After retrying several times I got fed up, especially as nothing was being cached and the download kept starting from scratch. I know this is a different problem from the one you have, but it might be worth try.

Seems to work ok, just remember to run repair permissions, afterwards.

I just installed OSX 10.4.3 on my G3 400. The update went fine, but now it won't recognize my 40 Gb iPod Photo! It was working just fine right before the update, and now nothing will get it to recognize it.

I hooked it up to my PowerBook G4 (10.4.2) with no problems. Back to the G3 and it won't see it. Repaired Disk, repaired permissions, but nothing.

It is connected fine. The charge icon appears once the iPod is connected. But the Computer/OS won't see the iPod. ITunes won't see it either.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks!

-------------------------------

UPDATE to this question ...

I am happy to report that I downloaded and installed the 'Combo' version of 10.4.3 and installed it. This seems to have fixed my problem and all is back to normal! YEA! Woo-hoo!

I have just gone to software update and it says my system is up-to-date. How can this be if i know i haven't installed it. I know no other users have installed it because i am the only admin and my sister and mum doesn't know how to do software update (i know its not hard but they don't)

I am downloading the 10.4.3 update off Apple's website at the moment but i was just wondering why it didn't show up in software update

Apple releases it in sections across the globe to put less strain on their servers, this however doesn't make the criteria clear. My guess is that it's to do with the internet architecture (via companies) rather than physical location and it simply appears to match up more often than not.

Regarding my issue; I must have had a script somewhere blocking the install although I am not aware of any which should affect it. I inserted the OSX disk and booted from it, running the install and creating an effective new OS install whilst leaving my data/apps in tact.

Installed just fine via software update then.

As a sidenote: Should your install fail but the download be successful you need not download it again; it will be put in your trash so drag it out to the desktop and run it again.

So far so good... I ran the update on my system using the 97GB software update.

The thing I have noticed so far is iChat now has encryption on text, audio & video for members of .Mac.

The graphical effects seem snappier to me. For example, Expose, Dashboard ripple, minimizing, and so on. Anybody else notice this?

I have noticed this too. I am VERY VERY glad too because I was starting to worry that my PowerBook G4 was just too slow and that I would be forced into upgrading before I really want to!

I wonder if it has anything to do with them disabling Quartz Extreme 2D

I was reading on Apples site, it said tiger did not use Quartz Extreme 2D b ut maybe i am wrong

The Bluetooth icon has gone from the top bar,anyone else had this after the update?I like it there,how do i get it back?

System Preferances>Bluetooth>Settings>Show Bluetooth status in the menu bar

I installed 10.4.3, BUT…

The update in Apples’s software update app showed the size ~56MB (not 97MB :? )

When I install it my Mac mini just stop booting. Now it sits very long in initial screen with gray apple and then shows white text on the black screen saying that there are problems with Bluetooth and something else…

:cry:

Cab

Cheers Matt

Pretty simple,guess i should of worked that one out for myself

:wink: