Sign in to follow this  
ipaiz

VIDEO MACCAST???

THERE WOULD BE GREAT TO HAVE VIDEO PODCASTS OF THE MAC CAST TALKING ABOUT THE NEW IPODS.

WHAT ABOUT THAT ADAM???

Video casts have a much larger production commitment and budget. I don't think it will be happening anytime soon. The MacCast is great as audio in my opinion!

I agree with Mitch; there seems to me to be little value to a video 'cast over and audio, none infact. I love the show how it is and don't think that (remembering there are no props and wouldn't be a full on keynote presentation or anything) seeing Adam would be any more worthwhile than these rediculous TV radio broadcasts. In addition it would put added pressure on Adam, take longer, higher the production budget and of course make it a "live" recording which just isn't fair on him at all.

So yeah; I vote MacCast stay as it is now; great!

Listening to a podcast while driving in rush hour traffic is a little easier than watching a video during that same time. :roll:

Imagine at the hour of really heavy traffic, don´t you think it would be great to listen the podcast and at any available space to also watch it, imagine Adam showing us pictures of new stuff, or showing us new products.

AUDIO VISUAL will be always better than ONLY AUDIO.

VIDEO PODCAST DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU CAN NOT ONLY HEAR THEM.

See ya.

Ya, i love this podcast, and adam is he man, but i dont really seee myself staring at him for an hour every couple days telling me stuff. I just dont think this peticular podcast has the basis to make an interesting video podcast.

just because a new technology comes out it doesn't mean that everyone has to start using it.

VidCasts and AudCasts are different. I'm satisfied with the current situation.

Also, if the MacCast went video, we couldn't expect as frequent of updates most likely. That means that the news wouldn't so new when a MacCast was released. It just doesn't seem to be a viable option at this point, or any point in the near future.

I would love to do a Mac video show. Anyone offering a couple million in venture capital to get it going? ;)

The audio version is great at the moment. a vid cast would be good but i think at this current time it would not really enchance the show. Unless their is a real big reason to do a video and if it has more pro's than cons fine. But at the moment the audio cast does the job very well i cant see at the present time if a vid cast would really enhance the experience? Maybe thats me...

By the way, for those who want a video mac show, check out macbreak.com. Right now there are daily short segments, but starting next month Leo Laporte will be hosting 30 minute shows.

Thanks for the information, Mitch. I had heard that Leo was going to be doing a Mac video show, but I had not heard of any further information.

I need to pull down a video and see if it is worth the download.

After seeing some VidCasts (Systm, Agent Xenon, Diggnation) I have decided that they're not really worth it.

If Adam could maybe change the little preview image though? That way, we could see various new products he'd talk about.

Adam rules.

After seeing some VidCasts (Systm, Agent Xenon, Diggnation) I have decided that they're not really worth it.

If Adam could maybe change the little preview image though? That way, we could see various new products he'd talk about.

Adam rules.

Are you talking about the album art in iTunes? If so, then that is what the eMacCast is for. http://www.maccast.com/erss.xml

I heard that Adam records the MacCast in the buff... err, in his pajamas.

Putting a camera in his studio would force him to hire a wardrobe manager ("Please put SOMEthing on!"), makeup consultant, prop guy, etc.

I love the MacCast how it is right now.

-NK

Putting a camera in his studio would force him to hire a wardrobe manager ("Please put SOMEthing on!"), makeup consultant, prop guy, etc.

Not all vidcasters wear clothes. :wink:

how many of us have a 5th gen ipod? not many

How many of us want to listen/watch podcasts from our computers? not very many

That's why I decided to do VidBits as additive short video segments instead of just converting the show to a video format.

Adam

That's why I decided to do VidBits as additive short video segments instead of just converting the show to a video format.

Adam

I'm kinda thinking it might be worthwhile to seperate the videos into a seperate feed. Folks who are on slower connections or who just plain aren't interested might like that. Thoughts?

Adam

I'm kinda thinking it might be worthwhile to seperate the videos into a seperate feed. Folks who are on slower connections or who just plain aren't interested might like that. Thoughts?

You can always not download them. You can cancel the downloads in iTunes, or other clients.

how bout the videos only appear in the eMacCast feed?

I still don't understand what the big deal is with having them in the regular feed as well..People can always opt out of the download if needed. If it was only in the eMacCast feed, then some people would have to subscribe to that feed, only for the vids.

I think that video is a bad idea. It would only be of a Adam sitting at a desk or something talking.

Whats wrong with audio? Everyone can listen on their ipods and they dont have to buy a new ipod just to listen to their favorite podcast.

I think that video is a bad idea. It would only be of a Adam sitting at a desk or something talking.  

Whats wrong with audio? Everyone can listen on their ipods and they dont have to buy a new ipod just to listen to their favorite podcast.

We wouldn't lose the audio, and i have a feeling it will be produced video..Not just someone sitting at a desk :)

You can always not download them. You can cancel the downloads in iTunes, or other clients.

Not if you aren't sitting there when it's downloading.