Sign in to follow this  
MitchA

Post Removed

Signed up and happy to do what I can. Great idea; I love it!

Signed up and happy to do what I can. Great idea; I love it!

Great! I am glad you like it. I am really hoping for it to become a great resource. Feel free to edit any of the existing content, or add your own.

How is this going to be different than applepedia.com (used to be onebutan)?

Well, to tell you the truth, I had never heard of that before..So I didn't exactly try to create it to be something different than something else.. From what I can see, ApplePedia isn't updated that frequently, and I am hoping that The Mac Wiki will be more active. I am also fully prepared to dedicate a lot of my time to it.

I am also hoping for The Mac Wiki to form databases of sorts of software, hardware (accessories)

I also have some other features that will use the "by Mac users" idea even more.

I hope that over time it will begin to be different than any other site, but I can't say I created it to be different, since I had never known of that site. I just created it as a resource for Mac users.

Yeah I've been kind of disappointed by ApplePedia. There is room out there for something better.

You should put all sorts of cool spces for old apples and old macs on there.

The site didn't do well. It relied too much on user contribution, and that just wasn't available. Didn't get more than 10 edits since I launched the site.

The site didn't do well. It relied too much on user contribution, and that just wasn't available. Didn't get more than 10 edits since I launched the site.

Is it still up?

Not Really.

My apologies, Mitch. I wanted to do more, but with little time right now and my injuries as they have been it hasn't been a good time for me (as you can tell by my recent descent in terms of online time (I am on MacCast.com the whole time I am online).

Not Really.

My apologies, Mitch. I wanted to do more, but with little time right now and my injuries as they have been it hasn't been a good time for me (as you can tell by my recent descent in terms of online time (I am on MacCast.com the whole time I am online).

it isn't your fault at all. The site needed a large "audience" to make it work, and that "audience" just wasn't there. None of the other Mac related Wikis have gotten too far either, besides the Macrumors one. The reason it worked, is they had a whole crowd of regular visitors, but my site just didn't have the traffic.

Why did you rename this post?