Sign in to follow this  
eXtreme

Skinning windows to look like a mac

What do you think about people who skin there pc's to look like macs? Why do people do it? Woudn't it just be better to go and buy a mac? Ok i know that the isn't the cheepest option but its the best way to get the mac look and feel.

Another thing i find is that i see alot of screenshots of people skinning there pc's to look like macs and sometimes linux but i have never seen a mac skinned to look like windows. Doesn't that tell people something about windows and who bad there design is lol

Heres a skin i found on a site called deviantART. It looks stupid to be but at least they tried

http://www.deviantart.com/view/24125329/

I skinned my Windows OS to look like Mac in the weeks before I bought one. It brought me one step closer. I also know of many other people that can't afford a Mac, but prefer the interface even if they don't have the functionality. I don't think it's stupid unless you outright insult Apple, Mac and Mac users.

I have also heard of many people skinning Macs to look like Windows, here is an example.

Lastly I would like to point out a few things about deviantART. It is a website I have been affiliated with for a long time (in capacities above the average user which I will choose not to go into). deviantART has some of of the best, most creative and impressive artists in the world as its members and core admin. These artists include professionals, amateurs and what I can only refer to as "kids and teens" but don't be fooled by stereotypes; some 10 year old artists on there are more gifted than many professionals will ever be. deviantART was originally based around the skinning community and thus it's roots still bear good fruit today. There are many talented skinners at deviantART and this is one of them. He has cleanly and elegantly created his skin how he wanted it to look. A very good job I think. For those that would prefer to skin to look exactly like Mac OSX Tiger, there are many fine examples on deviantART.

I don't have a mac. I still want one. The reason I skin my pc to look like mac is because I love the look of Mac OS X. But

a) am not ready to get a mac (I want the ones with intel)

B) have apps that run only on Windows

c) Just wan't to show off to my friends

Im in the same boat, i have been using windows machines for the past 10 years and now im just fed up with it. but with the new Intel Mac's coming out sometime next year i dont want to jump ship just yet.

Its quite ironic as my fahter has been using Mac's for as long as i can remember and i was always critisizing him for that fact, until i got some sense and realised how good they are.

It has been fun of late as we have been resurecting all his superseeded mac's, starting with pre power pc machines. when u look back its amazing where Apple have come from to be where they are today.

Bring on intel Mac's!

I've done it with my PC, and got rid of it soon after, as the number of programs required to do it is many, and the execution is laughable. It may LOOK right, but it sure as hell doesn't function the same.

So I'll just wait till a brighter day when I can afford a Mac. And to those that would call it lame, think of what you would do in our shoes.

In my opinion, PC's function better. Themes are themes, nothing more.

Apple's are uncompatible and stole from my favorite company the idea for "Dashboard" (look up Konfabulator, Apple is evil.)

It's not really a konfabulator knock-off, it's similar in that is uses plugins like Konfab, but it's different.

Dashboard in OSX 10.4 is a real knock-off.

It's not really a konfabulator knock-off, it's similar in that is uses plugins like Konfab, but it's different.

Amen to that. Konfabulator was out way before Tiger's Dashboard. The Vista widget also look different than Konfabulator.

cool. good to know.

welcome back allizard. been a while.

This might be where all of those OSX86 photos are coming from...

There is a skin in Shapeshifter that makes it look like XP and the there is another that is remotely similar to Vista. Hmmm...