Sign in to follow this  
TacoOrtega09

protected WMA > iPod

I have a...sort of illigal question. My mom has been eyeing my iPod for a couple months now, and I think its time she retires her Samsung for one. One of the reason she doesnt want to, is because of all the music we bought for her off websites like Wal-Mart music and Napster. Is there a program that can easily change the Secure WMA format to a MP3, or MPEG format compatible with iTunes :?:

Thanks.

I have a...sort of illegal question. My mom has been eyeing my iPod for a couple months now, and I think its time she retires her Samsung for one. One of the reason she doesnt want to, is because of all the music we bought for her off websites like Wal-Mart music and Napster. Is there a program that can easily change the Secure WMA format to a MP3, or MPEG format compatible with iTunes :?:

Thanks.

probably is but you can burn them to disks and re-rip them in itunes. but make sure you own them and it might interfere with your licence agreement

there is also another kinda illegal app that does this for taking music off of someone elses ipod onto your HD. it is called the ipod liberator. i don't know who makes it, but it is $15 on-line.

there is also another kinda illegal app that does this for taking music off of someone elses ipod onto your HD. it is called the ipod liberator. i don't know who makes it, but it is $15 on-line.

theres tons of ways to do that for free- the ipod plugin for winamp, or you could just add the music folder in the ipod_control folder to your itunes library and convert them to your format and they will be saved in their proper folders in the itunes folder

I'm going to try burning them to a cd first, since no software is needed. I'm just afraid they're going to be named Track 001, Track 002, Track 003 etc etc

I don't think that's illegal at all, if you own the music you should have every right to put it on a different player or computer you own.

I think the easiest way would probably be to burn the CD, a friend of mine uses MusicMatch to burn CDs, it includes a playlist that will import into iTunes that includes the ID3 tag information like artist, song name, etc.

roog

Step 1: Burn CD in WMP

Step 2: Re-import CD in WMP

Step 3: Drag the newly imported files into iTunes; iTunes can convert unprotected WMA files in an instant. And it can play mp3s if you didn't know. I hope you knew.

If this was me I would just download the music again from a p2p program like limewire. I know that's wrong and illegal, but hey; if you already bought it...

Step 1: Burn CD in WMP

Step 2: Re-import CD in WMP

Step 3: Drag the newly imported files into iTunes; iTunes can convert unprotected WMA files in an instant. And it can play mp3s if you didn't know. I hope you knew.

yeah burn in wmp but import in itunes

The deal with track names is it doesn't show on the CD, iTunes connects to the internet to get that information.

Right, you should rip it in WMP because it already knows the track names. iTunes can only get them from Gracenote if it's a commercial CD. This would be a custom, one-of-a-kind CD and Gracenote wouldn't have it.