Sign in to follow this  
ipodman

Australian iPod & iTunes

Apple (:evil:) is torturing everyone over here in Australia.

the prices for ipods: (20GB colours, 4g and videos)

USA: $299 ($399 AUD)

Aus: $449 ($336 USD)

so compared to the usa, we're paying around $50 AUD ($37 USD) :? for our ipods.

Plus they don't let us buy anything from the music store. Where are we going to get our content for our ipod videos?

:x :cry: :!: :x :( :?

Thats bad, but i know what u are talking about. i am not sure what the price differance it is for me in the Uk but we don't really get much content for video iPods. we got music videos and them pixar things but there is no way i am rushing out to buy a new video iPod when all i will have to watch are music videos (which more than likely i will already have the song or watch those little cartoon things.

I would think out getting 1 if we had stuff like lost avaible or some of the british programs we have here but its not worth it at the moment

ipodman, you forget that we in Australia have a GST, I think in the US sales tax is not included in the advertised price.

US$299 = AU$399 but with GST = AU$439 so it's only AU$10 more than the US.

Well, itunes music store is here now - finally, so go nuts!

yay!

:D:D:D:D:D Horay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

except the pricing is expensive, we CAN'T GET TV SHOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *NOOOO* and paypal isn't supported :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D 8) 8) 8) 8) :wink:

i just converted the 1.69 au to us and its only $1.02 so its only 3 cents different and the old 99c songs are only around 72cents australian so its fair to say that the Australian pricing is better than the us

thanks for rubbing it in.

yeah, but we can't get tv shows still or get the clean edited versions of music(well at least not 50 Cent)

yeah, we get australian podcasts now, no more americans on my ipod!

thats ok. if the artist wanted them edited, they would have written them that way to begin with. in my opinion, no music should be censored. its kinda like the simpsons episode where they wanted to censor the statue "David". music is expression

thats ok. if the artist wanted them edited, they would have written them that way to begin with. in my opinion, no music should be censored. its kinda like the simpsons episode where they wanted to censor the statue "David". music is expression

well can you use another program to edit them?

the only problem i have so far with iTMSAus is that there is no tv shows and not all music clips are avaliable. for instance, if i search 'nine inch nails - only' on the american iTMS it finds it, but not in the australian iTMS. that sucks.

$1.69 per song, and $16.99 for an album is still too expensive for a poor uni student like me...even if it was $15 that would be more enticing...AND they are selling music that I can find cheaper in Sanity or HMV for the full price! For example, I bought Green Day's 'Dookie' album for $9.99 at Sanity, while this album in iTunes is the full price of $17.99.

$1.69 per song, and $16.99 for an album is still too expensive for a poor uni student like me...even if it was $15 that would be more enticing...AND they are selling music that I can find cheaper in Sanity or HMV for the full price! For example, I bought Green Day's 'Dookie' album for $9.99 at Sanity, while this album in iTunes is the full price of $17.99.

well u can't complain its the same price in us for new releases (or most releases) and the cheaper songs are only 70centsUS.

-----

we now get the album art of the Australian version of CDs

how come in the us store there arent explicit tags on the tv shows because in lost there is violence and in desperate housewives there is *explicit* material in it?

This iTunes music store rocks, been waiting for it for ages and now im going nuts buying songs, its great

I read in the Age that it was 30c per song more expensive in Aus...

$0.99 US = $1.32 AU

$9.99 US = $13.35 AU

According to Yahoo Currency Converter..

All songs are the same price here, there is no difference if it's new or old.

And yes, they should have tags on the explicit material...

At least you get TV shows though!

No, i'm not bitter...(*sniffle sniffle*)

can garageband or audacity remove the swear words?