Sign in to follow this  
Legolover64

iPod Video battery?

Hey guys, my name's Peter. My family was a big Mac one, but one time we got screwed over by CompUSA so we've been PC's for about four years.

Luckily, I've kept my interest alive through iPod. I had a 3G, it was stolen. I then got a 512MB Shuffle. I stepped on it, thus rendering the music capability useless.

Now, I'm very interested in the iPod Video, specifically the 60GB white one. How long will the battery last playing video? Is there a decent case for one of these? Where can I get one soon?!

(my birthday's on thursday, I'm gonna be 16!)

word on the street is the 30Gb is 2 hours on video and the 60Gb sould be a litle more. not great, but will get you by. i was at the apple store the other day, and they said they would have 60's this week.

i imagine that there will be lots of readily available video content soon and as big as video files are, i think i would hold out for the 60. 30 is just about right for a healthy music collection. 60 seems ok for video. i have the first season of Firefly on my computer and it takes up about 3.5Gb. from the looks of it, this is normal. i don't know how small they are with h.264 compression.

Ugh, that stinks. They kinda scam you with the whole "20 hours" thing.

Is the 60GB worth it?

just for a little more battery life? no. And dont give apple to much crap. They rate it just like every other iPod they have ever made. Those battery ratings are based on constant playback. When the photos came out, and people were looking at their pics, this was also brought up cause the backlight being left on longer resulted in poor battery performance. Now, not only are you playing sound, but VIDEO. which is takes crazy power.

lol, also, why did you give up on apple because an almost completely PC featuring company (compUSA) screwed you?

Well, Apple seems to price their computers high too. We wanted inexpensive. Low quality, oh yeah. But hey, they run Windows :)

I think I may hold out for the 60GB. I have a 5 hour car ride to Iowa next weekend, I hope my viPod will be mine by then. I can see it now... Battlestar Galactica, the Maccast, and beyond...

get a car adaptor. you will want one for playing music through the stereo anyways.

I'm riding in a car with three other students and two of my debate teachers. Needless to say, they will hate hearing the iPod...

Is that dock thing worth it too? I have an oldschool stereo setup in my room, and I'd be able to hook it up there as well as on the Pioneer Elite TV's, but unfortunately no cars...

Dude about Apple pricing computers high rember this, Confucius say:"quality is never cheap, Windows will only cost a Mac Mini in virus protection"

Apple[/url]] 30GB: Up to 14 hours of music playback; up to 3 hours of slideshows with music; up to 2 hours of video playback 60GB: Up to 20 hours of music playback; up to 4 hours of slideshows with music; up to 3 hours of video playback.

Dude about Apple pricing computers high rember this, Confucios say:"quality is never cheap, Windows will only cost a Mac Mini in virus protection"

lol, exactly. you get what you pay for.