houltmac

CSS/HTML Coder Wanted

This is probably a really simple job and only pays US$10 because I am poor. I have some templates that need editing. Anyone up for it?

I am pretty good at HTML and CSS but not so good in PHP and Other Scripting. Depending on what you need, i could be the guy.

Basically I have a "website" which is to be used (at the moment and for the foreseable future; that being the next few weeks) as a blog, plain and simple. It has WordPress installed and the theme Trisexuality Standard. I would like to make the pages linked at the top work, add an image at the top right (as seen in the link above) and also add my own static images where the six 75x75's are (again as seen in the link above). I would also like to change the RSS feed on the page (linkblog; in green) to the Apple Hot News.

That's it. If those links can link to some pages named "under construction" or something, I will happily make the pages myself, you just need to get to them first.

Thanks Mitch, it's all change at the moment; nothing is set in stone. I am going for a more basic look for now and thinking about change all the time. I appreciate your comments on my post; I have one question for you:

in CSS, what do I look for to define an UNvisited links color?

Ok a good site to use is if you want to learn your self is the w3 sites, i use this one quite ofte, when i am working on projects for school is w3schools.

And the answer to your question is, the <A></A> tag is what you use for links, and you define it the css like:

A:link{

color: some color hex code here; (make sure you place a semi-colon after the llne)

}

and to make a visted one a diff color you use ":visited" instead of link those are called "Pseudo-classes". And then in your HTML docunment you would import that style sheet file, or edit it the one that came with the theme folder.

How the link it placed is different. It depends on the theme file. I would have to see it to get you the full way to make a new link. Or some links a dfferent color. Cause you can add links only one color in the Admin Panel of Wordpress. However, if you want all the links that color than that would do it. But again all this is either on the wordpress codex which is great, go to http://www.wordpress.org to find it. I didn't explain it in great detail. But those two sites do.

O and by the way, that was a great post.

it was hard at 1st to learn the code, all i did was go out and buy books for dummies, got myself notepad and starting learning. Then i moved up and hated starting and ending all the lines, and bought Dreamweaver. However if there is a bug you need to understand the code, b4 using Dreamweaver. :D

Ok a good site to use is if you want to learn your self is the w3 sites, i use this one quite ofte, when i am working on projects for school is w3schools.

And the answer to your question is, the <A></A> tag is what you use for links, and you define it the css like:

A:link{

color: some color hex code here; (make sure you place a semi-colon after the llne)

}

and to make a visted one a diff color you use ":visited" instead of link those are called "Pseudo-classes". And then in your HTML docunment you would import that style sheet file, or edit it the one that came with the theme folder.

How the link it placed is different. It depends on the theme file. I would have to see it to get you the full way to make a new link. Or some links a dfferent color. Cause you can add links only one color in the Admin Panel of Wordpress. However, if you want all the links that color than that would do it. But again all this is either on the wordpress codex which is great, go to http://www.wordpress.org to find it. I didn't explain it in great detail. But those two sites do.

O and by the way, that was a great post.

it was hard at 1st to learn the code, all i did was go out and buy books for dummies, got myself notepad and starting learning. Then i moved up and hated starting and ending all the lines, and bought Dreamweaver. However if there is a bug you need to understand the code, b4 using Dreamweaver. :D

Hey, try not to use caps for html tags as its not xhtml 1.0 w3c compliant.

<a></a>

therefore define the css as

a:link

And if you want to change the link style for content in a specific div or zone (with an id for eg. of 'mydiv' )

#mydiv a:link { }

gl!

Uhm, not to be rude or anything Skippy, but this post is from 2005 :)