Sign in to follow this  
isaiah1112

Mac The Ripper

Adam,

You said on the Maccast that Mac The Ripper is no longer available. However, this is not entirely true. His site has been taken down and replaced with a phpbb forum. You can still download the software from a link in the following post there.

http://www.ripdifferent.com/phpbb2/viewtop...opic.php?t=1701

He is currently looking for, as he calls it, an "offshore" host to get his site back up and running. I suppose it is so that he cannot get shut down again.

Just thought you and other users would like to know!

and there are so many copies floating around, you can always find one on things like limewire.

It's also on versiontracker

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo...fo/macosx/22715

I recently returned to Australia, took my stuff out of storage, including my iMac. After 18 months there was a lot of software to update including Mac The Ripper. For all my software updates, except Apple software, I used versiontracker

I didn't even realize there was a problem with obtaining Mac The Ripper, until I heard the podcast and saw this thread, so more power to versiontracker!

Yes, but the mirror which VersionTracker is using must have been taken offline because if you click on "Download" you are taken to the forum where the other mirrors are located!

Good to know it's still available, MTR is a great app.

It is a good app, of course it can be used for illegal purposes, but I often rip a couple of DVDs to my PowerBook's hard drive to enjoy on the plane. Since it's running off the HD it uses less battery power than when running from the SuperDrive.

roog

Sign in to follow this