Sign in to follow this  
typicalpcuserhost

New 5th Gen iPod scratches easy too

I just got my new 60 Gig Black 5th Gen iPod last Wednesday. Mind you I have kept it in a DLO soft (cushion like) case I have for my 4th gen almost the entire time. I noticed today Sunday that it as some minor but visible scratches in towards the bottom of it, that appear to be caused only by slipping it, in and out of the case.

I had a 4th gen and third gen (white) and never noticed this issue. Again, probably not something that I would return it for (yet) but it does seem to be a lot more susceptible to these scratches.

Don't know if it's because it's black and I'm just paying more attention.

Lastly the wheel is also getting scratches too, and that was never a problem. Functionally however this thing rocks.

get a silicon case, screen protecors and keep it in the coushin case. my 4th gen colour has some scratches and it can even get scrached even though its in its case (not on the screen)

Where do you find these screen protectors? I recently bought Crystal Shield from Decal Girl. The protection seems pretty good for the most part, but it seriously degrades the quality when watching videos.

I've said it before, I don't know how to apply stickers so I need something that is easy to put on. Could someone share some links on what they are using?

where are these silicon cases that were mentioned?

Mine is prone to screen scratches. In fact, after i removed the factory "sticker" a scratch appeared almost instantly. I was able to cut down that same sticker to fit on just the screen, and re-applied it immediately until an appropriate case has been released.

I have no issues with click wheel scratches at all...looks flawless after...um...has it been three weeks already?

They are going to scratch whether you put them in a case, or silicon sleeve right away, or later. Nothing ever stays totally brand new. But thanks for the info.