Sign in to follow this  
lkennedy

Played podcasts staying on my ipod mini

Hi all,

My Mini is almosty full, so its important that podcasts I have already played are removed ASAP. I have set up itunes to only keep unplayed podcasts, but this does not seem to work - old podcasts are only removed if I delete them manually from itunes, or if a new episode arrived. Does anyone else have this issue ? If so is there a fix ?

Thanks,

Leigh.

If the files are not in your iTunes Music Folder they won't get deleted. From iTunes help is the following:

"If the song is stored in the iTunes Music folder (inside the Music folder in your home folder), you're asked if you also want to delete the song from your hard disk. To leave the song on your hard disk, click No. To permanently delete the song from your hard disk, click Yes.

If the song is located outside the iTunes Music folder and you want to delete it from your hard disk, you must manually delete the song by dragging its file to the Trash. If you're not sure where the song file is located, select the song in iTunes, and choose File > Show Song File."

Thanks, But the problem is on the ipod side. If I delete it it works fine. What I want is once I've listen to a podcast for it to be removed from my ipod. That is how I have confiured it, but it doesn't work properly.

Its set, it just doesn't seem to work properly.

I have the same problem with my iPod 20 Gig. The iPod setting that tells you how many pocasts to keep only removes the names of the podcasts from the list in iTunes, it doesn't really delete them off the iPod.

Tim

firmware up to date?

Mine is anyway.

It seems to me that to get rid of the podcasts you have to delete from the list in your library.

Tim

i had a simmilar problem, but it was only with old podcasts. any newly downloaded casts would delete. try getting rid of all of the old podcasts and starting over. it worked for me.