Sign in to follow this  
ipodman

Video On 4th Gen Color/Photo

If your ipod photo or color isn't supproted by ipod linux and you have quicktime pro and itunes 6 you can put videos on them

1. Open you file in quicktime pro

2. Choose Export from File

3. Under the "Export drop down menu choose "movie to image sequence"

4. Choose you file format in "Use"

5. Choose your destination folder

6. Hit Save

7. Open the video file in itunes 6, Under advanced select Convert Selection to AAC (you can choose what format you use in prefrences>advanced>Importing)

8. Copy both the AAC Audio and the frames to your ipod

9. On your ipod play the audio and use the click wheel to scrub through the movie 8)

i definetly prefer scrubbing. you dont sacrifice as much space, and you can do stuff like easily movin forward and back. its great for 360 VR stuff.

i definetly prefer scrubbing.  you dont sacrifice as much space, and you can do stuff like easily movin forward and back.  its great for 360 VR stuff.

actually, yes it does, when you put them on your ipod it standardises the size of the files so if you have a gif that is 1kb and a tiff that is 10 megs they will both be the same on the ipod

i definetly prefer scrubbing.  you dont sacrifice as much space, and you can do stuff like easily movin forward and back.  its great for 360 VR stuff.

actually, yes it does, when you put them on your ipod it standardises the size of the files so if you have a gif that is 1kb and a tiff that is 10 megs they will both be the same on the ipod

Im referring to video taking up space. Video is not standardized, and with things firmware like podzilla, you can only use uncompressed .avi's. These are pretty large even on a 30g. I have tryed them on my nano and that was obviously way to big.

has anyone done it on a nano? id like to see it on one of them

screw that! Get a new ipod they ae astounding! I just brought mine thinking the video was just a gimic the only fault for me was the organisation for me. But seriouslythe new ipod is well worth the investment (I pawned my photo ipod the day after the video one came out!)

has anyone done it on a nano? id like to see it on one of them

yes. did it on my nano. wasnt worth it. i just dont have the space.

Id justl ike to say that apparently ipod linux doesnt support audio.

So if want audio (albeit primative) then you would be better off using this method.

its pretty hard to keep in time with the audio because you cant control the audio when your in the photos section

Id justl ike to say that apparently ipod linux doesnt support audio.

So if want audio (albeit primative) then you would be better off using this method.

are you sure kos i've seen videos of ipods playing video with audio