Highstreet

Let me see your Mac!

This is my newest one, found it on eBay for next to nothing!

flower1.jpg

flower2.jpg

roog

522271307_244aa1cefa.jpg

i really like the three screens, two computers, and sharing one mouse and keyboard for everything using teleport.

I see you are an InterfaceLIFT fan as well ;)

Here is my switcher set-up...

The iSuck...

535579727_fc974703ac_b.jpg

And our iMac...

535579731_2249b39251_b.jpg

Oh and heres my video editing set-up:

538105343_1f742d592b_b.jpg

I wish I had a 30" Apple display instead... :( I will be adding a Macbook Pro in the iMacs place very soon tho! :lol:

Edited by MacNewB

Wow your room looks really cool :D

Wow your room looks really cool :D

Thanks...

I built it from the ground up- frame, walls, electrics - everything.

It isn't perfect but it's all mine.

The console frame I built myself- no-one other than audient do an anolog mixer with a centre console designed for digital studios.

You either spend 1/2 your day in a corner of the room in front of the computer or you are trying to balance a mouse and keyboard on the end of the mixer.

This way I can spend most of my day right in the sweetspot of the mix room and then reach out and grab faders when I need to.

Behind the mix position are all the synths, guitars, amps and outboard- if you want to see them I can post pics.

Here's my stuff, not quite as sophisticated as some of the setups I've seen on this post . . .

iMac.jpg

Stewart Copleand, famous for being the drummer for The Police, and all around amazing musician/composer was at the Hollywood, CA Guitar Center for an autograph signing last Thursday. Being one of my heroes, I asked if he would sign my notebook. His answer was "Sure!", one of his cohorts remarked, "Ohhh...a *real* notebook" :).

copebook.jpg

Stewart Copleand, famous for being the drummer for The Police, and all around amazing musician/composer was at the Hollywood, CA Guitar Center for an autograph signing last Thursday. Being one of my heroes, I asked if he would sign my notebook. His answer was "Sure!", one of his cohorts remarked, "Ohhh...a *real* notebook" :).

That should help resale :). You might want to use some sort of fixer on it.

Here is my setup. Just got it into the new apartment.

1262101199_3cd2e1b635_o.jpg

This is the desk. And here is my backup drive, tucked underneath the Macbook Pro which is being held by the Griffin Elevator:

1262101839_2f93de46ed_o.jpg

All in all I'm pretty happy with my setup.

I see you have the same backup drive as me. I'm thinking of getting another display too, but I'm having a hard time bringing myself to get a non apple display - even though I KNOW that the Dells have exactly the same LCD in them.

I'm such a fanboy :(

[edited to fix a dumb typo]

Edited by Graham

I see you have the same backup drive as me. I'm thinking of getting another display too, but I'm having a hard time bringing myself to get a non apple display - even though I KNOW that they're the Dells have exactly the same LCD in them.

Trust me, I had to fight the urge. The bottom line: this Dell monitor was around $200 cheaper and it included s-video and composite (yellow RCA cable) input. I don't use them much, but it's nice to know they are there. One thing's for sure: it doesn't look as nice as an apple display would look right here. ;)

I see you have the same backup drive as me. I'm thinking of getting another display too, but I'm having a hard time bringing myself to get a non apple display - even though I KNOW that the Dells have exactly the same LCD in them.

[edited to fix a dumb typo]

If you mean the lacie grey one. I recently bought 500gb one for 99 euros. Bargain :D 320gb in the shop is 80 odd euros aswell!

Prices on External Hard Drives are coming down pretty quick, its only about a year ago I was looking at 320gb for 150-250 euros!

I also have a mybook [black with blue light] its ok, 320gb, tad noisy at times.

This is my newest one, found it on eBay for next to nothing!

flower1.jpg

flower2.jpg

roog

Ahh... that's cute. :P

I have that same desk!

So Adam...wheres your setup!?

Ahh... that's cute. :P

My kids really love it, and it's running Tiger too!

roog

Heres my setup for now, i need to clean my desk up thought.

71wzhqb.jpg

Well thats always good to know, and just to add this in, i have cleaned up my desk after all of the really straight and clean ones!

My setup:

iMac 20" c2d:

imac.JPG

iBook 12" G4:

ibook2.JPG

The iBook has been dropped two times and i have broken the key holding the keyboard. When I upgraded the internal combo drive to a super drive i broke the internal frame and the battery doesn't hold properly (needs tape).

ouch... are you using it as a server? or like a media center?

Only to record my vinyl records. I got an Apple TV for playback.

My new setup. See if you can find all my gear: Macbook Pro 15", iMac, iPod, iPhone, some cool JBL speakers, three external hard drives, and the list goes on and on. Not to mention my cool Clint Eastwood poster. ;)

2186230781_5a30d1161b.jpg

For bigger pic.