Highstreet

Let me see your Mac!

Hi Folks:

I've been meaning to post "my rig" for a while.

Here goes:

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/fire...nt=DSC00121.jpg

I thought posting pics of people mac setups was a great idea. It's a common thing to do for musicians online.

This is my little set up in the livingroom. The monitor is also a TV so you can use the internet while watching TV with the picture in picture (although I rarely do that anymore). The sound comes out of some old Bose bookshelf speakers, so anything we play on iTunes sounds pretty good.

DSCN3142.jpg

This is the used eMac in the playroom for the kiddies. Great machine, actually.

DSCN3143.jpg

My husband has a white MacBook, but he just keeps it in a case, so there's not much to see there.

I've just added a new toy to my desk setup (I would show you a picture of my networking gear cupboard, but it's embarrassing - too many ethernet cables that aren't tidied away!)

On here we've got a WD My Book 500Gb for Time Machine, a LaCie 250Gb with a bootable clone, a set of Altec Lansing speakers (can't tell you the model number, but they sound rather lovely), a 24" Samsung monitor, my iPhone and of course, my MacBook Pro (called Ares) - 2.4Ghz, 4Gb ram, 160Gb HD sat on my iLap (which is also useful for preserving my ability to have children when I use my laptop on my lap. Top.).

2214487400_81515facdd_o.jpg

I Like the setup chap ;-)

Lusting for a new 24" Monitor whats the model and ...cough cough how many pennies? Been looking at Dells but the prices are outrageous!

It's a Samsung SM245B. I got it from ebuyer and it's a touch under £300 with all the delivery and VAT and whatnot.

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/130991/

Took a little playing with to get the colours sorted out, but now I've got it sorted it's fantastic for the price. Seems to be the cheapest (decent) 24" monitor at the moment.

It's a Samsung SM245B. I got it from ebuyer and it's a touch under £300 with all the delivery and VAT and whatnot.

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/130991/

Took a little playing with to get the colours sorted out, but now I've got it sorted it's fantastic for the price. Seems to be the cheapest (decent) 24" monitor at the moment.

Thanks for that :-) Have had a look and all seems good, I was put off slightly with the "earlier" SyncMaster Screen types but this seems to be solved.

Would be great to hear your thoughts after a few days of use but I may cave in and order one ;-)

Cheers

I've just added a new toy to my desk setup (I would show you a picture of my networking gear cupboard, but it's embarrassing - too many ethernet cables that aren't tidied away!)

On here we've got a WD My Book 500Gb for Time Machine, a LaCie 250Gb with a bootable clone, a set of Altec Lansing speakers (can't tell you the model number, but they sound rather lovely), a 24" Samsung monitor, my iPhone and of course, my MacBook Pro (called Ares) - 2.4Ghz, 4Gb ram, 160Gb HD sat on my iLap (which is also useful for preserving my ability to have children when I use my laptop on my lap. Top.).

2214487400_81515facdd_o.jpg

love the desktop, where can we find that?

Borg,

Great pic and nice clean setup, love the art work on the walls, is it your design?

2231265825_8476764d79_b.jpg

My original Setup, 1.42 GHz iBook G4 512mb

2232060946_c7f5e523df_b.jpg

My new setup after Mac Pro arrival 20" ACD

2231266571_c8ebaa7114_b.jpg

My new hotness 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-core Intel Xeon 2gb of ram for now

Taken on a mobile phone 18 months ago when I worked for my Brothers Web Design company "Never work for family"!! ;-)

20080208-d91p41udq9jxkgsbdp5wjysjgi.jpg

Will post some up to date pics soon.

Edit: Stretched it out a bit, the oic that is.

Edited by zionlion

Glad to see you're not using the heathen machine :D

I had no reason to but I did kick the Tower often "located on the floor by my left foot" say what you like about Dell but man those Towers can take some hammer!! ;-)

Well, they've got to be good for something :|

Found this whilst uploading some images to Flickr, its about a year or so old but still have the same set-up at home.

471089578_42d16ab813_o.jpg

finally, here is my desk all tidied up! :)

261lu20.jpg

Flickr went down while I was adding notes, will have to finish tomorrow after I get home from work.

Click thumbnail for Flickr page:

Here is my son playing some games on PlayhouseDisney.com, cruddy iPhone picture.

2325321985_cefd980725_m.jpg

Better pic of the Flower Power iMac:

2326258902_e377dfd902_m.jpg

Right side of the humongous desk:

2326258754_f09cceb0af_m.jpg

Left side of the desk:

2326258610_ca71982796_m.jpg

Edited by roogie

My iMac is waiting to be moved to it's spot in my room, after coming home from the shop. In the meantime hree is a pic I took of my iBook.

2280796125_18fe07962a_m.jpg