Sign in to follow this  
houltmac

Motorola finally make RAZR with iTunes!

Almost makes me want to switch phones companys...however, Verizon does have better coverage for the United States, and we travel a lot, so that is good for us. Guess it depends on the user.

Almost makes me want to switch phones companys...however, Verizon does have better coverage for the United States, and we travel a lot, so that is good for us. Guess it depends on the user.

I don't know if the US has better figured out their "security", but in the UK we pay £10 ($17ish) to "unlock" our phones to be used with any service provider (network). Just a thought.

IN the US the way it often works is that the cell phone service provider gives you a free phone or a phone at a great discount if you agrtee to sign up for a certain term, like 2 years perhaps.

I've gotten 3 free phones that way. The mot recent is a fairly decent Samsung camera phone.

Personally, I prefer to have my cell phone and my music player be different devices, but this new RAZR is likely to be a big hit.

IN the US the way it often works is that the cell phone service provider gives you a free phone or a phone at a great discount if you agrtee to sign up for a certain term, like 2 years perhaps.

Ya, we have that here in the UK, lol. Infact i think even those can be unlocked, not sure i've never had a contract one

I was looking at a Razr v3 in the store a few weeks ago and the guy who i talked to (a fellow mac user) basicly wouldn't sell it me cos it just didn't have the features i require. i do like tham tho and i love that big screen. i have a MS Smartphone at the moment so you can see why i wanna get a new one. maybe this might have what i need but i am mainly looking at the nokia's. ive had 2 before and no problems what so ever.

Also i want an iPod and a phone not a phone with mp3 cos there never as good they would be sepratley

Yeah, I second that. We have similar setups in the UK, but it's not out of the ordinary to unlock these phones for use with any contract/payment method and any network.

I personally didn't like the interface/controls of the RAZR and I didn't like how wide it was either. I still maintain that it's the coolest <i>looking</i> phone on the market and while I think a cell should make calls and SMS only, it's still going to be a big hit with those that don't think like me.

Sounds very cool

I love my Razr, but I think I'll be keeping my iPod for the music and video.

roog

Too right roog, but then I just can't be anything but amazed that the defiant co-allition of Apple and Motorola didn't just release this first. It will certainly sell better than that brick even if we (not the public but we) are generally agreed to keep seperating.

I agree, the Razr is so dang popular it would have flew off the shelves instead of the crud they ended up releasing first.

The Rokr sucks. I would be getting a V3i if I didn't just get my black V3, but not because of the iTunes part. I wouldn't mind getting the iTunes software though. (hackthev3.com, motomodders.com). :-)

roog