Sign in to follow this  
Greggball

External Storage for iphoto

Hi everyone,

I have a problem. I have an iBook G4 with a small 30Gb hard disk and I was running out of disk space so I got my a super 160Gb external firewire drive.

I have backed up my itunes / iphotos but obviously this does not solve my disk space problem.

I understand that I can sort iTunes by changing the settings for external storage so that's iTunes sorted, but how can I solve the iPhoto's problem, as there does not seem to be a setting like iTunes.

Any help would much appreciated.

Many thanks

Gregg

Hey Gregg,

As far as I am aware, you can close iPhoto, locate your iPhoto library file and all related files/folders, move them to the alternate location, then restart iPhoto. It should say something about not being able to find your library and give you a bunch of options. I wouldn't like to mess your collection up (although it is reversable I think) but I am sure you can choose to locate it elsewhere then.

Anyone wanna back me up on this (or tell me I am wrong)?

Great tip Professor; thanks. I will certinaly try to remember that for future *ahem* enquiries.

The Professor is a god. That iPhoto Buddy is great and just what I'm looking for.

Many thanks

Gregg

:lol:

The Professor is a god.  That iPhoto Buddy is great and just what I'm looking for.

Not really a god, but I do own 67 domain names :-)

iPhoto Buddy helped me when iPhoto was overwhelmed with my enormous collection of digital photos.

Oh and thanks to you Matt for your help as your solution also worked.

Many thanks

No need to thank me, it's the Professor who is indeed God. Sadly I just don't have issues very often and all runs well, meaning I don't find out all this interesting stuff... I guess I am just too boring.