Sign in to follow this  
ipaiz

Recommendation for a POWERBOOK g4 667mhz PLEASE!!

NEED A MACGEEK ADVICE:

I own a powerbook with mac os tiger, 667mhz, What usb 2.0 pccard would you recommend me.

This is not the place to ask this question. Firstly I would suggest wording your request a little more politely and secondly I suggest you have the respect to put it in a catagory that better suits it. If you are polite and respectful, people are generally more inclined to help you.

I will be the first to say i saw nothing wrong with the way this was worded what-so-ever. Matt i have no clue what the hell you are talking about. I think it is you who needs to be a little more polite in directing him to the proper area to place a question.

Dear SIR MATT:

I shall always speak to you in a respectfull way in future opportunities. I would like to apologize for the horrible language I used that maybe insulted your great, advanced, and sophisticated intelligence.

With those great and helpfull commentaries of yours, this forum may succeed.

Ivan Paiz, MCSE

PD: Thank you Inis for understanding.

Ok, i feel like im in the twilight zone or something. What horrible language? Sorry matt if im missing something, but im just staring at this post and i cant figure out what the big deal is.

It isn't a big deal; you are trying to make it one. It was a simple request and some advice for the user, not an insult as you so choose to make it.

well, the original poster mentioned something about language, so i just thought i was missing something.

Now as far as wording, im sure you are aware that everyone on the forum is not from america. As you will notice, neither is this user. So i think you should be a little more tolerant about wording, especially from people who do not live in a country where english is the predominent language.

This will probably get more attention in the Hardware forum, which I think was Matt's point, however, since these cards were mentioned in the last show this isn't inappropriate here.

One thing we have to remember here folks is that we have users from other countries where American English is a second language. Also it's nearly impossible to discern using text alone how the message was meant, I didn't think it was impolite though.

As far as the original question, I would look for the cheapest one that is OS X compatible. Here are a couple from OWC: http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/usb/pci-pcmcia/

roog

Sign in to follow this