Sign in to follow this  
iBasden

My Story

I figured I'd tell my story. So here goes:

I was first introduced to macs many years ago. My neighbor Michael had a g3 imac and i thought it was the coolest thing ever. After i moved out of that neighborhood i basically forgot about macintosh computers for a while.

about three years ago when i was 12 i was really in to making movies with my mini dv camera. I wanted my own computer to edit my movies on. So i began looking for a computer and software to use for editing. My uncle told me that Apple computers came with imovie which was a great editing program for me. So eventually i went to the apple store at the mall and checked out my first mac. I loved it. I screwed around with a dv camera they had connected to the mac and decided from that point that i would save as much money as needed to get a mac. So the saving began. I mowed lawns, washed cars, and worked for my dad's company as a office janitor. After about a year i had the $1300 for a brand new shiny emac with a super drive. Three years later i still have my emac and still love it. Getting back on the family computer which is a pc or any other pc drives me crazy. MACS FOREVER! Even though im not into filming anymore, i use my mac for everything. It never dissapoints me and my friends are still jealous. I've even converted one of them to macs. HE got a mac mini about a month ago.

There's my story! hope you enjoyed it

Good story. I have also converted one friend and am well on the way to converting another. The best part though is that I don't have to push, I just let them watch and they fall in love.

Great story; it's good to hear you still have your original Mac (it's my plan to keep mine too) and it's even cooler to have a "video guy" on the forum; it's something a lot of us have little/no experience with. Welcome.

I've switched my friends entire family, and my aunt uses a powerbook. I'm so proud.