Sign in to follow this  
falconer33

should i get an ipod or a digital camera

Damn that's a hard question. I guess it comes down to what you want/need more. I had a PowerShot 600 and I loved it; highly recommended. That said, can you turn down a 5G iPod? 30Gb's aren't worth the money in my opinion though; might as well get a 60 if you are going to spend that kind of money (like me next week).

I guess that kinda answers the question.

Damn that's a hard question. I guess it comes down to what you want/need more. I had a PowerShot 600 and I loved it; highly recommended. That said, can you turn down a 5G iPod? 30Gb's aren't worth the money in my opinion though; might as well get a 60 if you are going to spend that kind of money (like me next week).

I guess that kinda answers the question.

the thing is, im not spending the money, my parents are. they probably won't spend :shock: $400.00 :shock: on me .well just let me say this; it's a holiday

(not christmas). the camera costs as much as the ipod so i have no idea

It comes down to which you would use more. I have a digital camera, but I rarely use it. I use my iPod every night, so it would be an easy choice for me.

You could try the ebay route.

Pros

- Get both

- Impress your parents with your financial savvy

Cons

- Not the latest and greatest products

- An iPod without video

should i get an ipod 30 gig black or a digital camera? this digital camera to be specific http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controlle...5&modelid=11998

My suggestion is that you get the camera now and start amassing an enormous collection of photographs of your family and friends, as well as fun things you do.

Then, later, you can get the iPod and you'll have all these pictures already waiting to put on it.

I did it this way, I'm very fond of photography.

by the cheapest digicam you're satisfied with now.

Then accept donations at christmas for your 60GB iPod.

those new ipods are pretty sweet...

if you are of driving age, ipod. i use mine everyday in the car and at school. if not, get a digital camera. i wish i had a decent camera in high school. the memories will be worth it. and besides, you can always pacify your ipod craving with a shuffle.

The iPod is BOUND to get more use. I get my priorities in order before I buy something, I think what will I use most, price difference, and what suits my needs more as they are two quite different things!

should i get an ipod 30 gig black or a digital camera? this digital camera to be specific http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controlle...5&modelid=11998

My suggestion is that you get the camera now and start amassing an enormous collection of photographs of your family and friends, as well as fun things you do.

Then, later, you can get the iPod and you'll have all these pictures already waiting to put on it.

I did it this way, I'm very fond of photography.

I did exactly what you did. First my camera then the ipod photo.

to really need 5 mega pixels? why don't you get a phone like a razr. it does everything, pictures, videos, calls.

Definitely DIGITAL CAMERA!

Why? 5th gen iPods have proven people will buy video for their iPods. No doubt Apple's next move will be a larger screen - perhaps the same size iPod with a screen that fills the entire face. So buying an iPod now will mean you get the "inbetween" video iPod. Waiting a little longer will mean you get the "true" video ipod.

Digital camera technology won't change that much in the next year. You'll get a lot of use and really enjoy it.

Get both. I have an iPod mini, an 5th gen iPod with video (30 GB), and a Canon Digital Rebel XT (8 megapixel). I can listen to tunes and take pictures at the same time. I cannot do that with my Motorola Razr phone. :wink:

You need the ROKR, I  hear its good for self defense..

Nahh... I have a lockblade knife and a Smith & Wesson shotgun for self defense. :D

yea... I have a Viewsonic 19" monitor that I packed up a while back because I got an LCD for my PC. I then got my Power Mac with the 20" Cinema Display.

The Viewsonic monitor is 75 pounds. That would hurt someone. :)

1)get a digital camra

2)take lots of pictures of the family

3) metion to the family when thay ask to see your pictures that if you had an ipod you could show the pictures (and video) off every where

yea... I have a Viewsonic 19" monitor that I packed up a while back because I got an LCD for my PC.  I then got my Power Mac with the 20" Cinema Display.

The Viewsonic monitor is 75 pounds.  That would hurt someone.  :)

Nice, my futon is heavy but it feels bullet proof, do they make bullet proof futons?

I would go with a digital camera first because for 300, you can get a badass camera, maybe printer too if you get a camera for 150

well, ill go for the ipod because my family has 3 digital cameras which there are 2 that i can use. the two that i can use are both the canon powershot sd300(4 mega pixel)