Sign in to follow this  
roogie

5G iPod and RF interference

I tried to call the MacCast hotline with this one, but more people will probably see this here.

I have a Motorola Razr V3 and a 5G iPod and haven't had any issues with RF interference whatsoever. I have the Razr and the iPod mounted on the dash of my Kenworth each with their own Arkon Gripmatic mount.

They are literally about 3 inches from each other, I use my Razr with a Bluetooth headset so they stay right beside each other while I use them.

roog

I have not had any interference on my iPod from my Razr phone, but it does interfere with my radio in the car a lot. I also hear interference on my speakers at home when working on my Power Mac from time to time.

Yep, I get the dit-da-dit, dit-da-dit noises too, but that's just the RF interference going through the speaker. And they say cells phones don't give us tumors. lol

My clock radio and my baby monitor do the same thing if my Razr is close by, but my iPod has been unaffected.

roog

I can absolutely confirm that the 5G ipods are affected by RF interference now. I put my phone down next to my iPod in the car the other day and the volume went nuts... up and down.

It happened again today. I was listening to the iPod in my truck. My cellular phone was in a little shelf just under the radio about six inches above my iPod.

My wife called me and when I answered, the volume of the iPod went up to full volume. :(

Sign in to follow this