iBasden

Name Origins

Where did everyone come up with their username on the forum?

Mine is pretty simple. My name is Basden and macs are cool. So I'm iBasden.

I used my name... Simple (although not as simple as you may think).

My name is my email.

I was inspired ny james bond. Well I am a Mac user using OSX hence the name "mac user X"

A bit from the faith side of me, a bit to remind me to care for Creation. Besides, I use it all over the place already, so its easy to remember and people can figure out what other forums I've been a part of. :D

nickname from my buddies.  stems from the Kevin Smith movies.

Can I gigabyte you?

My french friend has a cat named Capucine - in french it's a flower nasturtium! So I've decided to use cat's name : ))

well... one day... i was going over my middle school science homework... i thought my dad said thespottedelf but it was something to do with the reproductive organisms of a plant... its kinda funny lol :lol:

I grew up in Nebraska (The Huskers is THE college team name) and I have lived in Minnesota (Mn) since graduating from HS. Plus, I'm still a big Huskers fan.

I didn't know what to pick, so I picked something that sounded like Latin. I needed only 2 seconds. I'm glad I didn't pick Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious ;)

Some of the kids in my extended family couldn't decide whether I reminded them more of Gandalf the Grey or Albus Dumbledore. When I talk to them, the conversation always seems to drift around to science, so they added Albert Einstein and Doc Emmet Brown (from "Back to the Future") to my list of look-alikes.

They know me as "Pops", because that's what my son calls me, but their mother doesn't like that because that's what she calls her father. I told them they could call me anything they wanted, as long as they didn't call me late for dinner. I even quoted them the line from Lord of the Rings: "We called him Mithrander, after the elvish fashion, and he was content. 'Many are my names in many places,' he said."

So they took me at my word, and started calling me "Doc Ganbustein" (for Doc Brown + Gandalf + Albus Dumbledore + Einstein).

And I was content.

(That's also why I snagged the image of a wizard for my avatar.)