Sign in to follow this  
treadlightly

Switching the In-Laws

A year ago I got my in-laws to switch. My mother-in-law had become convinced the day I sat her in front of my eMac and told her to try it out. She was very concerned that she'd mess it up. I laughed and told her she couldn't as I walked out of the room. She couldn't believe it.

Once she was convinced, she was after my father-in-law to switch. This is the man who had bought us our first computer...running dos. :? We were all going in to Woodfield Mall outside of Chicago on the day after Thanksgiving last year. She told her husband that she wanted to buy him a computer for Christmas. She had money left from her father's estate, and wanted to do that for him. But only if he bought a Mac. She wouldn't waste her money on anything else. We ended the day at the Apple Store, buying an iMac G5. He wasn't very happy, but he didn't see any way out of it. A few weeks later he announced at a company Christmas party that his new iMac was the best gift he had ever received for Christmas. Ah, what a little time can do! :D