Sign in to follow this  
shaiboyuk

scratches on 5th Gen Screen?

Hi,

I just got a replacement iPod 5th Gen 60gb Video, after a few issues with the other one.

This one, I took off the clear cover, and found that the screen had loads of swirling, what seems like scratches! I've tried wiping it, but don't seem any better. You only notice them when the display is off, when its on, you don't notice them.

Does anyone have this? Is this normal? I never took the clear cover off the last iPod so i'm unsure :(

Cheers

Shaiboy_UK

The screen on the 5th gen may aswell be made of butter, it scratches frantically easily, I reccomed Getting a case as soon as possible I made a topic somewhere down the line that whos some

The screen on the 5th gen may aswell be made of butter, it scratches frantically easily, I reccomed Getting a case as soon as possible I made a topic somewhere down the line that whos some

Thanks for your reply, but my point of this thread was the fact it was scratched straight out the box, and after removing the clear film/cover on it.

Surely, it shouldn't be scratched after coming out the box!

Cheers

Shaiboy_UK

No it definately should not be scratched straoght out of the box, get it replaced again.

Hi,

I just got a replacement iPod 5th Gen 60gb Video, after a few issues with the other one.

This one, I took off the clear cover, and found that the screen had loads of swirling, what seems like scratches!  I've tried wiping it, but don't seem any better.  You only notice them when the display is off, when its on, you don't notice them.

Does anyone have this? Is this normal?  I never took the clear cover off the last iPod so i'm unsure :(

Cheers

Shaiboy_UK

Man your having problems left and right with these things. it could also be smudges.

Man your having problems left and right with these things. it could also be smudges.

Well i've tried to whip them away with a micro fiber cloth, and they don't go.

they are defo scratches.

I'm awaiting another replacement.....

Cheers

Shaiboy_UK

will this be the third or fourth?

It will be my third. Sorry whats your point?

Shaiboy_UK

Will it be your third replacemnet is what I meant. Sorry.

I wish i was on my first one and with no problems, but I can't help it :( I could just live with this one and the scratches, but why should I? £299 is a lot of money for me.

Fingures crossed the next one will be fine.

Cheers

Shaiboy_UK

Are you being charged for the iPod at all?

i paid £299, isn't that being charged???

Cheers

Shaiboy_UK

So  you've basically bought 3 iPods?

No, I bought the first one, then got that replaced, now waiting for the next replacement.

WHY would you buy 3 iPod's if they are faulty!

Cheers

Shaiboy_UK

dear god, you took off the plastic protective layer your iPod came in? :evil: :shock:

dear god, you took off the plastic protective layer your iPod came in?  :evil:  :shock:

I took off the clear flim that was on the front of it, as it was all bubbled already when i got it.

Cheers

Shaiboy_UK

Jesus can't we all just get along, for F**ks sake!

Under no circumstances should anybody feel the need to use the ' :evil: ' smily!

Or when you feel like making a really creepy design:

:evil: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :evil:

Could you guys please grow up and let's get back to the regularly scheduled discussion of iPods and scratches on the 5th gen model? :wink:

yeah, so just get a case!

The point of this thread was the fact that i got a ipod with scratches on it from out the box! so even getting a case wouldn't help there! would it?

Cheers

Shaiboy_UK