Sign in to follow this  

Speck Products - 60GB Rugged Tough Skin Case

http://www.speckproducts.com/

Hey all,

I just got a rugged 60GB vPod Tough Skin case like this one:

vid-tough-bla-l.jpg

The most impressive thing about this case is the screen cover which actually resides ABOVE the screen. The only things I didn't like was the fact that when I removed the belt clip, the skin was thinner there and the fact that the skin is not as tight as I'd like it to be, but those are minor knit-picking things.

Over all, I'd say that this case gets five smilies!!

:D:D:D:D:D

YEah I want really bad... as well as a 5th gen to put in it! :P

I might get one for my mini.

IF its too loose try putting some tissue paper on the side... anything to make it snug.

It's not too loose, it's just not SUPER DUPER "STRETCH SO HARD IT MIGHT BREAK" tight... I'm anal, I know.

- MT

I'm looking for a 5th Gen case. I've also got the 60gb model. I'm looking at the zCover. Heard any pros cons? The screen protector replaceable on your case?

They didn't say that it's NOT replaceable, but then again, I don't see that part listed.

- MT

wow what a killer case, is it comfy in the hand as this is optimal for video veiwing, especially the Chappelle show.

Yeah, it's obviously removable right? So I would assume you could replace it. This is important, as once it gets a few scratches on it, it will seriously hinder watching videos comfortably.

Let's put it this way. I have been traveling back and forth from Philly to NYC every day for the past two days and I have YET to scratch the protective screen covering.

Also, one of the benefits to me is that, much like any other untreated rubber surface, if you shove it in your pocket it's hard as hell to get out (especially if you don't wear super baggy clothing). How is this a benefit? Nobody else can get it out either! ;)

- MT

The videoshield from agent 18 looks like the best for me but Its not out yet in the UK, It is completely transparent so you can see the lovely shiny surface of the 5Gen.

Why are ipod cases so danm expensive?

P.S I tried making a skin out of laminating plastic and it looked like I had just dropped it in sludge so I took it off lol

Yeah, the wear/tear over two days can't really be that severe. But over the course of several months, what is this clear screen protector going to look like?

I'm wanting to order my ToughSkin, but can't find any place that has them in stock for the 60gb. Where'd you get yours?

Word.

Im getting the mini version for xmas :D

I have BOTH the agent 18 and the tough skin.

AGENT 18 does scratch = already have lines..

TOUGH SKIN = so far does not. but i do see it in the near future.. i would like removeable shield guards for sale..

RATING. = go with the TOUGH SKIN.. it looks like a hummer case..