Sign in to follow this  
Joshua

Xbox 360 Crash Caught On Video

Haha

So when's the Apple iBox coming out :P

Haha

So when's the Apple iBox coming out  :P

I think that will come out right after the popular Apple iNtendo. They will also have a hand-held, portable gaming device called the iBoy. It will be about the size of the iPod and will play all of the GameBoy Advance games. :mrgreen: :D/

woohoo! :D/ lol

This doesn't surprise me one bit. Anyway, how could Microsoft release this if all these people are having this problem. Seems to me they rushed this out, and didn't do enough testing. But, I guess they are used to their products crashing anyway.

I'm laughing and smiling. :)

The 360? Microsoft, what would you expect with something crashing like this?

Well, let's just Bash Microsoft some more shall we..Since that is what we are all here for....

Anyhoo, I'll be picking up my 360 this weekend, hopefully I won't have too many issues with it. As with all new hardware, there is chance for problems.

From memory the "custom GFX card" is actually an X800XT isn't it? If I am correct in saying that then it is simply the ATi version of the 6800 which I have used extensively. I had custom coolers on mine which didn't do the job. While they kept the core cool they didn't actually keep the circuit cool and that lead to a melted PCI-E lever on my motherboard. That was at stock speeds.

I have heard of similar problems with the X800XT and I think that's probably what these reports are about. I am talking about my system overheating on GFX (not GPU) in an ATX with super air cooling abilities, so in a box as small as a 360 (and with so many effective thermal layers from their hack blocking attempts) it's not suprising that the system will need tweaking a little.

Until the crash it all looked sweet so I wouldn't say no to one except that I am an FPS gamer myself. I agree with Mitch; we can't bash MS for something like this, it's simply a hot GFX and frankly it wouldn't put me off.

Actually, we should. You had stated Matt Hoult that the card in the 360 you had used before was overloaded. Microsoft should've takne the time to see what cards would be compatible with it. I beileve the graphics card they use determines what games are compatible with the system?

Actually, we should. You had stated Matt Hoult that the card in the 360 you had used before was overloaded. Microsoft should've takne the time to see what cards would be compatible with it. I beileve the graphics card they use determines what games are compatible with the system?

Incorrect. I said that the card I used was running at stock speeds when I had issues, not overclocked. Any card MS will put into a console will be running it's stock speeds. Additionally, MS will be putting in a card made by someone else (in this case ATi) not by MS. This card has a whole bunch of specs that MS will take into consideration and match it's needs as best they can. However; each card is, weather we choose to accept it or not, slightly different and enevitably some get hotter than others (not that MS seems to have helped much in this area granted).

Additionally, how many people are geeky enough to record the crash that they wern't expecting? This was probably a setup although other reports suggest there is an issue of some kind.

:? Well I must admit though, an apple iBox could have the potential to have logic board failures a few months after use. :wink:

:? Well I must admit though, an apple iBox could have the potential to have logic board failures a few months after use. :wink:

would you have any proof?lol well, Apple isn;t in the competition to be in video games.

The Xbox 360 is currently the best console you can get. Then again, it is the only next-gen console out right now. The PS3 may be better, but then again, you could get a rootkit from it or something.

I saw one a guy was using at Wal-Mart the other day running Call Of Duty - mmm. One problem though, I can't play first person shooters without a mouse and keyboard... Eh, with a bit of practice maybe.

I still think it's funny that it has quality issues so soon!

Don't console games often use things lime autoaiming to make up for the lack of a mouse? :roll:

Don't console games often use things lime autoaiming to make up for the lack of a mouse? :roll:

They often do, but those of us who are PC FPS players will never find it as easy (read:enjoyable) to play with a controller. It's just too different and far too luck orientated as opposed to skill and accuracy for us. I'm not saying that console gamers arn't skillful or accurate, we just chose our mediums.

would you have any proof?lol well, Apple isn;t in the competition to be in video games.

Don't you remember the Pipin...

http://www.theapplecollection.com/design/m...ges/pippinb.jpg

Or the other apple consoles...

http://www.worth1000.com/cache/gallery/con...contest_id=2016

http://membres.lycos.fr/onedesign77420/fin...inal%20copy.jpg

Saying a XT800 is ATi's version of the 6800 is not accurate at all.... that's like saying the powerbook is Apple's version of a thinkpad T42.

The two GPUs are not similar at all.... just because they are in the same generation doesn't mean it's ATi's version....

In terms of both performance in their respective fields and heat they were reported to be very similar indeed. They both process information similarly in that they take on similar loads rather than differing incoherant amounts to the CPU.

That is what I meant by the statement.

In terms of both performance in their respective fields and heat they were reported to be very similar indeed. They both process information similarly in that they take on similar loads rather than differing incoherant amounts to the CPU.

That is what I meant by the statement.

That doesn't change my protest one bit, and Thinkpad and Powerbook, both do the same thing, in similar ways.

Saying it's a version makes it sound like ATi ripped the X800 from nVidia's design... which they didn't.

There isn't a better way of putting it that conveys what I mean and what everyone else recognised as far as I can see. I understand your point there, and you are correct, but I don't think anyone took it so litterally and understands instead what I was trying to say.

I hope so anyway. If it has caused any confusion then I apologise.

Microsoft loses 167 dollars for evety 360 sold, so would expect them to use the cheapest materials.