Sign in to follow this  
iBasden

Headphones

When God forbid, I have to use the ipod headphones I hear a buzzing in my left ear. Every once in a while it kiinda vibrates. I think something is damaged in there. I can't always use my Shure E3 noise cancellation headphones :P

Oh, and this happens even when im not listening to anything through them.

Does the buzzing happen on the same songs or is it just a random problem?

Any song, or ever without a song playing. It sounds like something is vibrating in there.

try listening to a walkman or cd man while you are moving with them. If you dont get it, you can blame the iPod and well, ring up apple.

:roll:

I don't think you guys are getting the idea. THE HEADPHONES STILL MAKE THE VIBRATING/HUMMING EVEN WHEN NO MUSIC IS PLAYING.

I don't think you guys are getting the idea. THE HEADPHONES STILL MAKE THE VIBRATING/HUMMING EVEN WHEN NO MUSIC IS PLAYING.

I do, its happened before to me just on a few songs that were the same each time.

its any song, any podcast... it happens randomly

If you left your iPod behind, accidentally of course, as you were leaving a forest; would the earbuds still buzz if a tree fell?

By the way, you seem to have aged quite a few years in the last few days.

But, back to the earbuds.

If we assume you do not hear this noise when using your noise cancelling earphones, does this not suggest a defect in the earbuds?

Or if you do hear this noise with your other thingymajiggers, does this not suggest a problem with the iPod?

Lol!

I had some Sony earbuds, one of the earpieces started to make a slight buzzing.

Nothing to do with the iPod, seemed to be from a loose wire connection. Anyway I replaced them, no more problem.

I don't know wether to take that as a compliment or not...

lol

<<must be the beard

I know it's a problem with the headphones but I'm just wondering if there is any way to fix it. I can't be completely cut off from the world when I'm, say, babysitting. I need to hear things then :wink:

I don't want to buy another pair of headphones. SO is there any way to fix it?

I think I might have found the problem... when I blow on the left earbud, (go ahead and laugh at me for figuring this out) which is the one in quesiton, I hear a crackling. What would that be?

I don't know wether to take that as a compliment or not...

lol

<<must be the beard

Yes, yes, Squire. The beard and the white hair. I think it looks distinguished, so I guess that was a compliment...

I just wish my hair would turn grey or white, as it would be age-appropriate in my case.

I know it's a problem with the headphones but I'm just wondering if there is any way to fix it.

I'm afraid that a pair of iPod earbuds are a BUS, a Basic Unit of Stuff, and that therefore you prolly can't purchase individual components to repair them, since they are already a BUS.

Yeah, I don't where I'm going with this. I'll have to buy a new pair of headphones if it gets too annoying.

If your iPod is still under a year old (i think its longer if you have AppleCare) but carn't you get free earbuds i am sure i heard someone mention that somewhere in this vast forum

someone confirm this. Oh and I didn't buy this from Apple (if that makes a difference). My dad originally had a silver iPod mini that I bought from him for 100 dollars so I would have an iPod and he could get a new one. Well the mini was still under a warranty with Circuit City so I sent it in under the complaint that the battery didn't last very long. So a couple days later they sent me a gift card for the exact amount of money for a new iPod mini. Well, a couple of days before this before I had thought of getting the refund, my dad went out and bought a mini after he failed to find a nano and decided he didn't want one after hearing all the bad things about them. So we got the gift card and he gave me the mini and went out and spent a hundred or so more dollars and got a new iPod.

Haha that is really boring and confusing.

If your iPod is still under a year old (i think its longer if you have AppleCare) but carn't you get free earbuds i am sure i heard someone mention that somewhere in this vast forum

http://depot.info.apple.com/ipod/

On this website, just enter your serial number and some other info, and you can send away for new headphones, chargers, cables...

I wonder if Apple is losing money on this?

have you tried to turn the volume down.

or have you tried to use the headphone with a different ipod or cd player

ps. i havent fuly read the posts so don't go killing me

Haha wow everyone seems so lost. Yeah I had the buzzing and blowing seems to work It's the plastic shield falling out of place or becoming badly shaped. It works... dunno how god for it it is lol!