Sign in to follow this  
iBasden

LInux

I had some crash issues while using the normal iPod O.S. so I decided to take LInux off because I don't use it that much anyways. Well even after I deleted it, sometimes my iPod will crash if I press menu while I'm listening to something, or e ven when I'm not. After this it tries to boot into Linux, which ofcourse is impossible because it's not installed. It gives me the failed to locate kernel thing and I just reboot after that. And another thing that bothers me is when I boot using the iPod O.S. in the middle of the little mac face is a sliver of the linux penguin. So the image is messed up.

I had some crash issues while using the normal iPod O.S. so I decided to take LInux off because I don't use it that much anyways. Well even after I deleted it, sometimes my iPod will crash if I press menu while I'm listening to something, or e ven when I'm not. After this it tries to boot into Linux, which ofcourse is impossible because it's not installed. It gives me the failed to locate kernel thing and I just reboot after that. And another thing that bothers me is when I boot using the iPod O.S. in the middle of the little mac face is a sliver of the linux penguin. So the image is messed up.

Try reinstalling the ipod software, if that doesn't work, try reinstalling linux

i dont want linux

There is a way to trick the iPod into thinking it needs to update it's firmware - thus removing all the Linux booting code.

Link:

http://ipodlinux.org/Uninstallation

That should do that trick for ya. Good luck.

Use the latest iPod updater software to restore the iPod. Make sure you back up any important data on the iPod first, as this will erase it.

i have too much irreplaceable music on it... :(

Ill have to live with it

Use a program like iPodRip to get your music off the iPod first if you still want to restore it.

thanks for telling me about senuite. I tried ipod rip a few days ago and it wouldnt work.

Senuti is working great. Its copyiing them as we speak :)

lol, too late for that

whatver i did, i had about 256 more mb on my hardrive of free space.

Putting the exact same stuff on my iPod. I took off notes and contacts because i never use them. That might have done some and or most of that

I found that the vast majority of space used by iPodLinux is actually the backup! I moved to backup to my hard drive and now Linux uses under 10MB.

Sorry that you had trouble with it. I never boot into it anymore, except when I want to show off Doom to my friends!