Sign in to follow this  
iBasden

iPods with radio on them

Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Well i see your point in wanting radio but doesn't iTrip (i think thats it) do that for you, anyway if it was upto me i wouldn't put radio on a iPod at least not now podcasting has took off. I hate listin to radio cos there is never a station that i like. i am into heavy metal/rock music and apart from like an hour a day there is none of my music on. but podcasting u can subscribe to what ever u like. it just makes more sence.

Also if a radio ws fitting podcasters would be loosing listeners. Then again if apple could make them coinside together maybe it would would but personally i am happy with just podcasting

No, the iTrip is an FM transmitter for playing your iPod through your stereo using an FM signal. I doubt we'll ever see radio on the iPod. That market's already oversaturated.

I only want it for talkshows. ie rush limbaugh and stuff

you have to pay for his podcasts. And some other shows that arent on podcasts.

how hard would it be for apple to build a radio into them???

Probably not difficult, it could be done, but if that's what you want to do, there's a zillion tiny little FM radios. I think Oakley even has a pair of sunglasses with one built in :wink:

i want it on my ip0d :evil:

Probably not difficult, it could be done, but if that's what you want to do, there's a zillion tiny little FM radios. I think Oakley even has a pair of sunglasses with one built in :wink:

Actually its MP3 and when i said its just a Mini I was looking at iBaseden's sig.

Steve Jobs was asked if they would add a radio tuner to the iPod. He responded by saying noone wants that, and thats why they aren't adding one.

I personally don't care, because if I wanted to listen to radio I would with my car radio or one sitting in my room. I don't listen to radio hardly any anyway. I could see how it would be useful for someone on the go, but the added size might not be worth it.

That's my $0.02

Cheap 3rd party MP3 players have this so called "wanted radio" on them. Basically everyone of them besides an ipod and costs more than 60 bucks have these ever so wanted "radio receivers" on them

the extra size would be a downside...

Knowing Apple. they could do it without making the device any larger, but I agree with Joshua. When do you want to listen to FM when you aren't near another device like your car sterero or a house stereo? Excersizing is the only real example I can think of. And personally, while excersizing, I like to have more control over what I'm listening to.

Steve Jobs was asked if they would add a radio tuner to the iPod. He responded by saying noone wants that, and thats why they aren't adding one.

I personally don't care, because if I wanted to listen to radio I would with my car radio or one sitting in my room. I don't listen to radio hardly any anyway. I could see how it would be useful for someone on the go, but the added size might not be worth it.

That's my $0.02

he also said that nobody would want a video ipod. i do agree with you though. not much market for ipods with radio. even radio is moving away from "radio" with xm and sirus.

Radios commercial suck! they advertise stuff I wouldn't use or know how to use them.