Sign in to follow this  
Er.Mu

Problems with Tiger

How many problems did you have with Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger?  

50 members have voted

1. 1.

• None
    • 1-2
    • 3-4
    • I don't have Tiger yet

How many problems did you guys have with Tiger?

iSync at first didn't work. Reinstalled Tiger from scratch.

Then x800 gave Kernel Panic. Downgraded Firmware to 104 fixed.

Oh and now Virtual PC 7 doesn't give me network access... Hey that's three and I chose 1-2

I don't have it yet and it will be preinstalled on the new Mac anyway, so I will not have any update or install problems.

I accidently did a upgrade (silly me)

the only problem i have is that iPhoto didn't update fast enough. trashing the prefs file fixed it.

I LUV MY TIGER

Just one... .Mac Bookmarks and Address Book would not sync properly. This has been fixed in 10.4.1.

Yeah, I know.

I've only had one problem with Tiger, sometimes it doesn't let me empty the trash. It says the file is in use, but I know it isn't. It happened with Panther also, but not as often. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this, I'd love to hear from you! Besides that Tiger is great, and I still love it :D

I have only had minor problems, like software update not working properly.

Software Update huh :?: Strange :!:

Are these only problems that are definitely Tiger's fault?

I'll have had my Mac two months tomorrow and I've had quite a number of problems with Speakable items (speakable items window not appearing, and speech feedback window not appearing, and commands not being registered and so on). I've also had difficulty installing the Qt libraries, and when they finally fix the Tiger issues in version 4, I find my version 3 programs aren't compatible. Firefox crashes quite regularly (I'm using Safari at the moment), and I also had one problem with DVD Player - the first time I used it, it simply froze and refused to play the DVD. I'm also a bit annoyed with iPhoto for two reasons: firstly it keeps duplicating every photo I have when I upload photos from my camera, and secondly the iPhoto book ordering service failed and took twice as long to deliver. Also, Automator used to run very sluggishly (I believe that was fixed in an update?) Oh, and GarageBand keeps coming up with annoying errors.

But otherwise it's been great.

I have had no problems what so ever. Makes a nice change from my MS days where there was problem after problem

( I am a recent switcherto an IMac G5 since March, so still learning}

I had two problems:

1. I had a hell of a job upgrading to 10.4 because my Bluetooth mouse decided to pack up at the same time and the installer would not allow me past that phase!

It took hours of phone calls (under Applcare!) to actually get someone to agree that there was a problem with the Bluetooth card and to get it fixed. Once agreed however, the service was realyl fast.

2. I am still running some "heritage" s/w from the PC under Virtual PC (7.0.2) and I have been getting complete lock-ups necessitating a Force Quit since I installed 10.4 (currently 10.4.3)

Otherwise things are fine....

2. I am still running some "heritage" s/w from the PC under Virtual PC (7.0.2) and I have been getting complete lock-ups necessitating a Force Quit since I installed 10.4 (currently 10.4.3)

You should check for an update to Virtual PC 7.0

M$ released an update to provide improved operation under Tiger. With that update it is working well for me.

You should check for an update to Virtual PC 7.0

Virtual PC 7.0.2 is the latest version.