iBasden

Why I won't get a mighty mouse

I've tried out my friends mighty mouse on several occasions. It's pretty cool but not what I expected. I think the little ball is crap, it should be alot bigger. Anyways, on to why I won't get it. I currently have a microsoft intelli mouse that I love. It has the usual two buttons, a nice scroll wheel, and two buttons on the side that I programmed to go backward and forward on web pages. I cannot remember the last time a I pressed the back button in my browser. This is my biggest gripe about the mighty mouse. I think the side buttons should be independant and more programmable. I can't stand a mouse that doesn't go back and forth on webpages like mine is programmed to do. That is why I will stick with my mouse and not purchase the mighty mouse.

Seriously, if you like the Microsoft Intelli range (haha) then you have to check out the Logitech MX1000 (laser). You just have to rey it, use it for a few days and return it for all I care because I know you'd never take it back. It's the perfect mouse in my opinion and can be used for anything from web surfing to gaming. I have not found anything that compares and in my line of work that's hard.

can you define range for me in relation to a mouse?

Seriously, if you like the Microsoft Intelli range (haha) then you have to check out the Logitech MX1000 (laser). You just have to rey it, use it for a few days and return it for all I care because I know you'd never take it back. It's the perfect mouse in my opinion and can be used for anything from web surfing to gaming. I have not found anything that compares and in my line of work that's hard.

The Longitech is the best mouse that I have ever used. So ergominc..... =P~

its on the christmas list :D

can you define range for me in relation to a mouse?

Microsoft have had many mouse' with the word Intelli in their name over the years. It has commonly become known as the Intelli range. For example; you have an iPod range and the new one a few months back was the Nano. In this case you have the Intelli range and you have the Intelli x.

Anyway, that doesn't matter. What matters is that you try out the MX1000. It's only downside is it's large reciever/charger base-station but I am sure you won't care once you use it.

It's got a #4 priority on the Christmas list :P

So with any luck I'll be getting it fro Christmas.

Something has snapped in my brain so that now I can hardly stand to use non-Apple stuff with an Apple computer. For example, at college we have Mac labs with Logitech mice on the machines... drives me nuts. I think I'm developing OCD.

I have trouble using a mouse at all now I use my scrollpad so much. I know what you mean though, I wish I didn't even have to buy LaCie for my E-HDD but alas. If you have to buy from another company, Logitech have to be the best of the bunch.

Did they get the problems worked out?

I read some reviews and people were complaining about tracking issues and such.

I'm already getting it for Christmas so I sure hope they fixed 'em.

Tried it out in staples earlier tonight, it's pretty cool. Can't wait to get it.

I'm goinig to get a mighty mouse for $25. I'll let you all know what I think of it...

(I figured $25 is worth it)

I used to own the Intellimouse that you have and love, and when I had it I loved it. After a while though, the laser went bad and lost its sensitivity, and eventually the laser was always on instead of going into it's idle mode or whatever you want to call it when the laser dims. The mouse stopped working all together, and now I use a logitech with a wire sticking out. I have been considering getting the MX1000 but the price has never gone down, which I was hoping it would. Oh well, I think I am going to buy one right now!

i see you brought the mouse eats the mighty mouse alive best mouse ever.

I've tried out my friends mighty mouse on several occasions. It's pretty cool but not what I expected. I think the little ball is crap, it should be alot bigger. Anyways, on to why I won't get it. I currently have a microsoft intelli mouse that I love. It has the usual two buttons, a nice scroll wheel, and two buttons on the side that I programmed to go backward and forward on web pages. I cannot remember the last time a I pressed the back button in my browser. This is my biggest gripe about the mighty mouse. I think the side buttons should be independant and more programmable. I can't stand a mouse that doesn't go back and forth on webpages like mine is programmed to do. That is why I will stick with my mouse and not purchase the mighty mouse.

I have a mighty mouse and it works great plus it doesn't look like junk but instead is well designed. I can appreciate the want for separate programable side buttons though. Not something I need but still a good request.

I have a cheap Logitech mouse hooked up running the PowerBook and Dell at home (using OSX2X). It had been bought to use as a mouse for my laptop and kept in my bag, but it recently got pressed into full time desktop service after the stock Dell mouse started acting odd, which itself only began to be used after my Intellimouse died. That basic Logitech is going on 4 years old now and showing no signs of giving up on me. Doesn't look bad next to my Apple keyboard either (though an Apple mouse would of course match better).

I scrounged up a more basic Intellimouse from a friend that is now in my laptop bag, but I hardly ever use it. I've acclimated to using the trackpad, especially the nice big one on the MacBook, but sometimes it makes my wrist cramp after extended use due to an old break in the wrist. I'm going to have such horrible carpal tunnel or arthritis in that wrist...

I swear by the $15 Logitec mice. Really, I absolutely love them. The worst that has ever happened to mine is that I dropped it and now the optical thingy (not laser) doesn't go into the idle mode maxmiller08 described. The other one in the house, probably 7 years old now, is in like-new condition, but the letters printed on both of them (Logitec or Optical, basically) faded away. Oh well.

Another REALLY good reason not to buy a Mighty Mouse? A Razor's the same price (just not wireless, but I would sacrifice the need to recharge your mouse to make it $50 cheaper :P)

I tried out the Apple Wireless mighty mouse for a month but quickly returned to my Logitech MX600 Wireless Laser Mouse. The Logitech's sensitivity is better, it is more ergonomic, has dedicated sound up/down buttons, and dedicated web forward/back buttons.

which one? they have so many of them. do you have a SKU number?

Since switching to my new iMac i have really struggled with the responsiveness of the Mighty Mouse. However a purchase of a matt black mouse matt has helped no end.

I'm still not sure about the ergonomics though, i use a microsoft intellimouse all day at work and have got used to its slightly chunkier profile, whereas i am struggling with the slightly flatter design of the mighty mouse.

So far the jury is still out on this one :)

You found it sluggish? Did you turn the sensitivity up in the mouse preferences? I'm currently a few days in to my two week trial (gotta love the two week return policy) and I'm starting to get used to it.

It was more the sudden movement of the cursor to the bottom left hand side of the screen that was annoying initially. However i figured out that the design on my mousemat was causing this. By switching mats and fiddling with the settings its a lot better.

When you were describing your Microsoft Mouse, it sounded like my amazing Logitech mouse. It's a really sleek, comfortable mouse that has two programable buttons, I use one for Dashboard and the other for Safari. It's one of the best mouses I have ever used, I defeninly like it way better than Mighty Mouse, the only thing I hate is that its not bluetooth and it has an enormous ugly USB wireless thing that you have to use and I can't stand it. I'm always bumping it and it takes up one of my two USB ports. Logitech does have a couple Bluetooth mouses, but the one I got was like $20.

I've had my Mighy Mouse for several months now (3-4). I've had no problems with it. I'm used to Logitech mouses and Dell mouses, but love the look and feel of the Mighty Mouse. The clicking never messes up or reads the wrong click side, the ball is the prefect size just to roll around. I use it for both multimedia purposes and gaming (Half Life 2) with no problems. Come on guys, it's all prefference... If you want a mouse with 20 buttons that lights up and doubles as a vibrator, go for it. I like it clean and simple, 4 buttons, a scroll, and that's it. :-)