iBasden

Why I won't get a mighty mouse

I've gotta be another anti-mightymouse person here. I had my ball gum up and quit on me, and that was the last straw, it was only after I hit it with a hammer to release my year of frustration and buyer's remorse that I learned about a replacement program. Anyway, I love my old Logitech cordless mouse with a tilt wheel. I've been a huge fan of Logitech mice ever since my first mouse (a 2-button 9-pin serial mouse connected to my 8MHz 8088 DOS box). The only thing I hate about Logitech is their crappy software, I'm much happier with SteerMouse. This mouse cost me 20 dollars US, and it outlasted a mightymouse by double the life-span and counting.

I'd also like to point out that that old Logitech mouse still works. Its ball has been replaced as it came with a light black plastic ball that didn't grip well after 5 to 10 years, but I still use it with my PC out of pride.

Edited by almighty_spork

I've gotta be another anti-mightymouse person here. I had my ball gum up and quit on me, and that was the last straw, it was only after I hit it with a hammer to release my year of frustration and buyer's remorse that I learned about a replacement program. Anyway, I love my old Logitech cordless mouse with a tilt wheel. I've been a huge fan of Logitech mice ever since my first mouse (a 2-button 9-pin serial mouse connected to my 8MHz 8088 DOS box). The only thing I hate about Logitech is their crappy software, I'm much happier with SteerMouse. This mouse cost me 20 dollars US, and it outlasted a mightymouse by double the life-span and counting.

I'd also like to point out that that old Logitech mouse still works. Its ball has been replaced as it came with a light black plastic ball that didn't grip well after 5 to 10 years, but I still use it with my PC out of pride.

I have never had an issue with my mighty mouse and it's not ugly which is not something I can say about pretty much any other mouse out there. It's also amusing to watch an old school mac person try to use it without realizing it's got 2 buttons.

I have to admit that I have purchased all Apples Mice and while i'm sure its a personal thing I just couldn't seem to get along with any.

The last Apple mouse I purchased was a W/L Mighty Mouse £50 with the ever braking track ball "Great idea but fundamentally flawed" unless you have some compulsive hand washing thing the dirt will clog the balls enclosure and frustration will ensue.

My current weapon of choice is a Logitech MX Revolution £52, I spend up to and above 12 hours a day with this thing permanently attached to my sticky mitt and have to commend Logitech on the ergonomics "it just feels right".

Apples "less is more" philosophy has in my opinion killed every mouse they have ever produced, users want a mouse with many programable functions as this increases productivity and cuts down on the "two hand hassle".

"how to spot a fan-boy? Look at the mouse he uses;-)"

Apples "less is more" philosophy has in my opinion killed every mouse they have ever produced, users want a mouse with many programable functions as this increases productivity and cuts down on the "two hand hassle".

"how to spot a fan-boy? Look at the mouse he uses;-)"

Could be. There are certainly better scroll wheel implementations but I am willing to give up just a little [i don't use more than two buttons anyway] to have a nice looking mouse. If my choice was the hockey puck though I would have to get a microsoft mouse. The hockey puck was one of the worst mice designs of all time.

Could be. There are certainly better scroll wheel implementations but I am willing to give up just a little [i don't use more than two buttons anyway] to have a nice looking mouse. If my choice was the hockey puck though I would have to get a microsoft mouse. The hockey puck was one of the worst mice designs of all time.

Anyone for a game of hockey? ;-)

Very good point and its a shame functionality seems to compromise design, Visa Versa. I'm sure that Apple are looking at the mouse design and if anyone can deliver the ultimate squeaker then it would be Apple :-)

I'd rather have a multi-touch screen a la iPhone on my iMac. A mouse is so 1980s.

I can't wait for Apple to come out with their touch screen, it's been too long, we've waited years now!

mighty came with my mac but I hardly use it... been using old logitech usb mouse.

anyone know if logitech mx1000 and similar wireless mouse are good for gaming? I heard bluetooth is kinda slow for gaming?

mighty came with my mac but I hardly use it... been using old logitech usb mouse.

anyone know if logitech mx1000 and similar wireless mouse are good for gaming? I heard bluetooth is kinda slow for gaming?

I would use a wired mouse just because they're better for gaming and they have better acuracy.

And I use a wireless mighty mouse because its the only totally wireless mouse I could find (all the others needed a dongle of some description; even the bluetooth ones). Not having a dongle is important when you're on the road - it's one less thing to loose.